30-338

Now it all makes sense,I was lost about the neck sizing.I have a set of dies coming with the gun but don't know exactly what they are.I don't think the fellow i bought it from does either.But i have 300wm dies,and i understand about the collet die,i use one on my 45-70.Well THANKS AGAIN!!! I,ll let you know how it goes.I'll be happy to hit 8" at 700.This year got to me,Bad huntin close up,haven't seen anything worth shootin unless it was 6-700Y Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Im glad it makes sense, I was starting to confuse myself!
I don't think that using the 300WM collet die would be "ideal", I tried it to satisfy my curiosity as much as anything else.
Good luck!

yes, I do. Is there any information that you are looking for? My computer died tuesday so my post will be infrequent for awhile.

Abinok, I would like to discuss shooting in Oklahoma with you. I am from Shawnee and would be interested in some long range shooting. I have a lease SW of Shawnee covered with coyotes. My email is [email protected].

I do most of my shooting with 300WM, why do you ask about the RUM? What ranges are we talking about? My computer is still down, but I'll email you a phone number in the next day or two.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.