30-06 R Stief

Harry Knutz

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has any info on this case 30-06 R Stief? I would like to know what brass can be used to form this cartridge? The 7x65 R is close but a couple thou smaller at the head. I build rifles using rimmed cartridges, I know it sounds foolish, But that's what I do, And like. Please respond if you know anything about this round, Thanks, Hairy.

Thanks, That was a reamer I was looking at from them, But If I can't find suitable brass, It's a no go. I just need a parent case or a brass cartridge it can be formed from, Thanks my friend, Hairy

According to the late Ken Howell in his book "Designing & Forming Custom Cartridges", a 30-06 rimmed can be formed from 400-350 nitro express brass. Instructions are: "Trim 400-350 NE brass to 2,5" and resize full length in a 30-06 sizer die. Fire form with inert filler. Trim to 2.49" and deburr." I am assuming the Steif version is a variation on this.

Attachments

• img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 38
  • tabiical-en-page69.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 29
Thank you for the drawing, The 7x65R is what I had hoped would work, As I have quite a bit of it, But the dimensions are too small as far as rim diameter and head diameter. Do you have that book? Or did you find that info online?

Recent Posts