30-06 R Stief

Harry Knutz

Hello,
I am wondering if anyone has any info on this case 30-06 R Stief? I would like to know what brass can be used to form this cartridge? The 7x65 R is close but a couple thou smaller at the head. I build rifles using rimmed cartridges, I know it sounds foolish, But that's what I do, And like. Please respond if you know anything about this round, Thanks, Hairy.

Thanks, That was a reamer I was looking at from them, But If I can't find suitable brass, It's a no go. I just need a parent case or a brass cartridge it can be formed from, Thanks my friend, Hairy

According to the late Ken Howell in his book "Designing & Forming Custom Cartridges", a 30-06 rimmed can be formed from 400-350 nitro express brass. Instructions are: "Trim 400-350 NE brass to 2,5" and resize full length in a 30-06 sizer die. Fire form with inert filler. Trim to 2.49" and deburr." I am assuming the Steif version is a variation on this.

Attachments

• img008.jpg
    img008.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 37
  • tabiical-en-page69.zip
    85.6 KB · Views: 29
Thank you for the drawing, The 7x65R is what I had hoped would work, As I have quite a bit of it, But the dimensions are too small as far as rim diameter and head diameter. Do you have that book? Or did you find that info online?