284 Win Elk bullet

That is great that you got your bull. I am bummed that you did not Hammer him. I really like hearing about guys having success with our bullet. It is like I was part of the hunt.

Steve

Steve I am too. I honestly thought this hunt would never come together like it did. I was anticipating going next Friday with another buddy. So looks like next year for the Hammer testers!

Finally got around to pictures..

Attachments

• IMG_0668.jpg
    IMG_0668.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0670.jpg
    IMG_0670.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0679.jpg
    IMG_0679.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 108
nice bull! i was shooting 143gr Hammers in .284 this year and dropped my bull in his tracks, never knew what hit him. they will be my go-to bullet from here on out.gun)

How far was the shot? Just out of curiosity why not use the 155's?

His Cooper rifle is a 10" twist. So really we were pushing it with the 143g but knew that he would be hunting over 5000' elevation. Most of the 7mm's are 9.25" twist and will handle the heavier bullet.

Steve

Was only 50 yards.

When i first sent Steve my rifle I was under the impression I had a 1:10 twist (wrong info from the MFG) so the 143 was the option we had for good stability. But the 143's being pushed around 3100fps is bad news for elk...and well, anything else that i was going to stumble over that week

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts