284 jazz?

Hey guys,

I'm looking at building another 7mm. I'm interested in the 284 jazz pushing berger's 195. Any experience with this round would be greatly appreciated.

I don't shoot a 284 jazz but I shoot a 7/300norma improved. Which is basically the same thing. I have a 28 inch barrel with the brake it finishes 30.5. Recoil is mild. I haven shot any of the 195s even though I have some. The case for the amount of powder it holds is too big. If I would do this project again I would simply neck down a 300 Norma case to 7mm. No need to improve will not effect velocity. I'm shooting a 180 Berger 3428 fps using H1000. Hope this helps

Thanks TH,
wow thats flat getting with it! How many grains of h1000 with your gun respectively. I suppose thats not close to filling that case up?

I'm shooting 84.5 H-1000 that's my accuracy load. Have shot over 3500

7-300 norma mag is what i was initially thinking. A full length sizing 300 norma mag die and bushing type neck sizing die to step it down 7mm should be all a guy needs to form brass right?

I would use some case lube also. Plus this saves you the expense of having custom dies made.

It is the same basic brass but there are some small differences in body length and shoulder diameter. A 30-338 Norma Mag would not be exactly the same as a 300 Norma Mag.

I know it great to have something special and something that no one else has but with my 300 RUM already hard to find brass or find retumbo if I was going to build a custom 7mm cal/chamber I would go with the 7mm/300win or just go with a 28 nosler. I have seen more 300 win mag brass than any of the RUM's or the 28 noslers. Or just step up to a 338 Lapua improved. I always see lapua brass around. But this is just my thoughts. I do like the 7mm a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts