280AI Redding Elite Bushing Die Set

I started I got 2 boxes, I hope I don't need more boxes. Also need to watch your spring back in the neck too. So you may have to reduce the neck a bit smaller. You might have to tighter. So another bushing. I think I got my boxes from Brownell. I still have bushing on backorder. There must be a lot of people changing out to bushing dies. I am sure I wrote it down on the neck thickness somewhere. If I recall it was .015 - 0155. The case lengths varied too. So I cut to length to start with. Then cut for thickness. Going to .0125 or total of .025+.243=0.268-.002 or there about. Not sure presently of spring back.

I thought I would provide an update. I ordered the die set and bushings from Brownell 3 months ago. So far I have received 3 bushings and no dies. Order status online was really confusing. Several orders showed "back ordered", but then the same order # would show "cancelled unable to fill". I called Brownells and asked for them to clear this up for me. A nice lady looked at the orders and told me they were still active, but could not give me any idea of when they may be fulfilled. I checked "Ultimate Reloader" and they showed the dies in stock. Ordered them and cancelled the Brownells order. This supply chain environment is frustrating. I really want to like doing business with Brownells. It's just hard working through all the changes recently.

For whatever reason the 280AI bushing dies seem to be hot item. I finally got my 3rd, and 4th Redding bushing dies last month. It has taken me several months to get that put to gather. I am still waiting on some bushing. I really think it's Redding that not keeping up on orders. I am also still after Redding Type S Decapping Rod assembly for 6mm. It take me 4 steps to neck down the 280AI case to 6mm. I an not going mess around and change the decapping rod assemble and change bushing each time. With the turret head press I just put in the 4 dies and go to work.
To me it seem like everything is hand to mouth type shipping. Nothing is kept in stock anymore. Now with the down turn coming on it probable going to get worst. I kind of feel the items are being shipped directly from the manufacture now. I could be wrong too.

So the good news is Brownells sent me message today on shipping my remaining bushings and box. Also received the shipping notice from Precision Reloading for the die set. Life is good.

So the good news is Brownells sent me message today on shipping my remaining bushings and box. Also received the shipping notice from Precision Reloading for the die set. Life is good.
Keep us posted on the progress. H4831sc great powder as is a few others for my .280AI but RL26 gives me more fps without sacrificing accuracy. Be careful as it's possible to become a .280AI cult member as I did 5-6 years ago!