Redding Comp Bushing Die Set

• Thread starter Deleted member 107666
  • Start date
Vandy here's a video from one of our more experienced members he's over on long range only a lot now. Hope this helps. You need to get the right size bushing I use the titanium nitrides but that is not a necessity.

Thanks, I'm fairly clear on how to use the neck sizing die now (just wasnt sure if mine was a FL or NK sizing only. I saw that video when I was looking for answers to my question. The only thing it doesnt address clearly is mic adjustments and how to zero it out to size down al the way to the shoulder...or stop short if you wanted.

When you get the bushing and run your brass through the press you will see clearly how far its being sized. I have been buying 3 bushings for mine. Some brass has thicker necks and you're trying to get a consistent fit on all your reloads. These dies have really helped with concentricity.

Good luck and shoot straight y'all

Vandy 321, It sounds like your set of dies included the wrong instructions. All my Competition Die Sets have three instruction leaflets included. "Body Die Instructions", "Operating Instructions Redding Competition Bullet Seating Die" and "Operating Instructions Redding Competition Bushing Style Neck Sizing Die". Since yours came with instructions that mention FL dies I can see why you got confused.

Also, is there a way to remove the decapping pin from the neck sizing die? It seems to be permanently attached to the mic at the top? I dont see an expander ball either, was going to remove it anyways, but does the Bushing Neck die not come with an expander ball?
hex screw in the top will raise it high enough to not decap

Thanks, yes, both seating and sizing die have the mic. Do I need the VLD seating system if I'm not seating VLDs (loading berger hybrids).

yes vld seater plug , you can mark sharpie marker the out side of the original seater plug to identify them ,

you will find that the neck bushing doesnt seem to size all the way to the shoulder and it will bottom out when screwing down the micrometer , dont stress its enough

Last edited:
I thinking of going another route for precision ammo. I'll order a custom-honed Forster Benchrest FL die (.004" under loaded diameter), run it without expander, and then use the mandrel die.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.