280 AI or 260 Remington

Dalebow

I have a 280 AI Dakota that I love to hunt with, it smacks em from goats to elk but I have a couple hunts coming up that I want something lighter than my 9 # rifle. I love the 280 and it is a sweet caliber, but I am looking at getting a nosler rifle in either 260 or 280AI. I already have ammo for the 280 AI but that isnt a deciding factor, both rifles are within .5# of each other so weight inst an issue, Ive not shot a 260 Rem but know the 280! is a little faster and little harder hitter. Given the choice of the nosler rifle
Which caliber would you choose for critters size range of deer, mtn goat, blk bear, maybe caribou and why??
Thanks
Dale

Stick with the 280 AI. Many reasons, basically no comparison, the 280 AI is a far better hunting cartridge in every respect. Your setting yourself up for disaster with the 260.

Thanks, I am really leaning towards the 280 AI, actually just bought another McWhorter in 280AI, 7lb 5 0z, still want to get a Nosler 48 in 280, so guess will be easier on keeping one caliber.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.