28 nosler chronographed

I am in the process of building a 28 nosler for long range hunting and hart barrel is doing the work .I have been told that the turn around time is 8 to 10 months but they promised I would have it for deer season in which is my dilemma. I ordered a Leupold vx 5hd cds scope and there is no data i can find on shooting Horndys 162 eldx precision hunter thru a 26 in barrel does anyone have the chronograph info ,turn around time for cds caps is 4 to6 weeks ...any help would be Awesome

Your barrel will be different than anything you can read or be told. You can get a custom label made and takes about 5 days.

Leave the standard MOA dial on your scope and get a rangefinder like the Sig Kilo2400 that you program all your data into and it will spit out a solution in MOA so you won't have a useless cds dial if you change loads, bullets, etc.
The answers you got about "magic" is standard fair for "please do more reading on the forum before you ask a question because all the information is here you just need to read it".

You are asking for an answer to a question that has no definitive answer.

Different rifles will shoot different loads. You could take the exact same load and shoot it in two identical rifles (twist, groove #, length) and get velocities that are 50-75fps different, and totally different POI and accuracy. Meaning someone else's load data would be useless to you.

You have to develop your own load for your own rifle, and then use that data for your turrets. Which will it be accurate for one load, one bullet weight, BC, velocity, elevation, temperature, humidity, etc.

Leave the standard MOA dial on your scope and get a rangefinder like the Sig Kilo2400 that you program all your data into and it will spit out a solution in MOA so you won't have a useless cds dial if you change loads, bullets, etc.
The answers you got about "magic" is standard fair for "please do more reading on the forum before you ask a question because all the information is here you just need to read it".

Yes I have looked and nowhere unless I missed it did I see a horndy 162eldx precision hunter round chronographed out of a 26in barrel, I have to quit reloading because I Am moving to a boat in the keys and my only recourse is a quality built round ,,,,just looking for data

Yes I have looked and nowhere unless I missed it did I see a horndy 162eldx precision hunter round chronographed out of a 26in barrel, I have to quit reloading because I Am moving to a boat in the keys and my only recourse is a quality built round ,,,,just looking for data
Thank you I will look into this range finder

As you have already been told multiple times you would be an idiot to have a custom turret cut on someone else's data. Two different barrels could shoot the exact same load 50-100 fps off from one another. This is a great forum with a lot of great information and you are being given some right now.

Another alternative, if possible, is to go shoot for drops and send your data in that way. Zero for 100 (exact as you can get), then get drops out as far as you accurately can and send the data in, along with the atmospheric conditions of when you shot said data. Problem is that it will only be good for those conditions out at extended ranges. RockyMntMT is right about the yardage those turrets are good for if conditions change, especially drastically.
Another alternative to the Sig KILO2400ABS recommended by Wedgy is the G7 rangefinder, it will compensate for your ballistic turret when the conditions change as the Sig will not. I have the Sig and love it but that's one feature it doesn't have...that I'm aware of.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts