277 Cutting Edge Bullets

Shane Lindsey

Greetings,Anyone have any expirience with the .277 cal 140 gr MTH bullet from Cutting Edge?Have an 8 twist barrel coming to shoot the 165 grainers as my primary bullet, but here in California some areas are "no lead". Need options, other than the 150 TSX.Shane

Cutting edge are nice but pricy I seen Thier booth in pa Speer makes a nasty hollow point 130 ... Use sst & nos balistic tip in my old mans 270

My 270 does not have fast twist so longer bullets like that one are not feasible.

Of course, the MTH is a solid, so expected expansion will be really low, more like a drill press with a 1/4 inch bit.

The only 2 "expanding" copper bullet I have found so far are the CEB copper raptors in 90 / 115 gr.

The forced copper conversion here is one reason I am considering moving from 270win to a larger caliber in the 338 - 375 range.

According to CEB, they open and the petals tear off and radiate outward. The shank doesn't open though. That has me a little concerned. I ordered a box. With my military discount and shipping they wrok out to about $1 a piece. I think it is ridiculous this is tied to the ugliest bird alive...

This picture was sent to me from them.

Shane, I shot a bunch of the 6.5 140's and they open fine, if your barrel likes the CEB it will really shoot well and fast but you still won't have the range the Matrix will have. They are thee most accurate bullet I've shot in all copper IF your barrel likes them.
Every animal I killed this year was with a CEB but that was because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about but I'm not forced to use them so I'll be back to Matrix 160's this year.

Big & Green,Boiler room or shoulder?I definitely plan to use the Matrix 165s in places where I can, there are just a few spots I am looking at that require the copper stuff, one is for elk, I just don't know if the 130 TSXs I got will work in this barrel or provide the insurance.

Shane, I shot a bunch of the 6.5 140's and they open fine, if your barrel likes the CEB it will really shoot well and fast but you still won't have the range the Matrix will have. They are thee most accurate bullet I've shot in all copper IF your barrel likes them.
Every animal I killed this year was with a CEB but that was because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about but I'm not forced to use them so I'll be back to Matrix 160's this year.

I have to echo b&g's sentiment. If your barrel likes them, they will shoot lights out; the 130's in my 6.5wsm routinely shoot 5 into the .3's @ 100 (which is about as good as I personally shoot). I've had the chance to stack up a couple years worth of fuzzy wuzzies with them, they work just fine.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.