270 WSM load results

Black Sheep

Sorry guys, had to share. New to reloading, newer to LRH! Worked up a load for my Tikka T3 lite--Remington 9 1/2 mag primers, 65 grains RL19, Barnes 130gr. tsx bullets. Started at 63, then ran the ladder in .5gr increments. Barnes shows this as a max load, so please work up to this in your rifle :rolleyes:. 3148fps average, with an es of 9.9! .680-.277= .403 at 100yds.gun)
There's a black bear in western Montana next week that is going to get to see the business end of this!
(too bad my 7STW isn't here yet!!)

Attachments

• 0420121810.jpg
    0420121810.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 146
Very nice. I love my 270WSM. I've dumped a couple Black Bears with it. I'm running 140 Accubonds over RL-19. Seems RL-19 & the 270 WSM were made for eachother. I know tons of guys who use it in this cartrige. It's a top performer for sure.
Good luck on your Bear whackin adventure.

WOW, take that load to the bank. Very nice group, and a great rifle as well.that bullet and rifle are on my radar as well. I have heard no bad voo- joo on them , always positive. I know where there is a like new X- bolt in 270 WSM, for short money, and seeing targets like that make me want to go and get it. GEE, thanks!. No, seriously, that is awesome, and I believe your load research is over, now you will be doing some dragging! Good job!

P/ S. That is a nice ES too!!!!!

I feel the need to share some cool stuff with a TIKKA T3 LITE IN 270 WSM. I use 165 MATRIX (BC .731) w/68 grs. RETUMBO. I had a standard magazine so I was limited to 2.870 OAL. I went out early this AM (cuz the wind always blows here in Northern New Mexico). This combo shot well, but when I shot some extended length rounds 3.035 OAL, it was great. I had to single feed, but I shot a 2.5" @ 400 yds, and busted 3 gallon milk jugs at 600 and 800. BROWNELLS offer a bolt stop for the TIKKA that when paired with a 300 Win magazine, makes it possible to feed the longer bullets in a WSM. This is becoming a quite popular thing in this area. YOU CAN NEVER GO WRONG WITH A $600 TIKKA

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.