.270 whitetail bullet shopping again, for the last time.

Ok, so many years ago when I first started handloading I started off with the Nosler ballistic tip. I shot my nice buck with it perfectly broadside at 110 yards and the bullet completely exploded, it literally just made it to the vitals and that's it, the BT in my book was a varmint round, never shot another one since. I am told they made some changes to them but with all the nice bullets out there I won't give them another chance. Next up, for many years I shot the Nosler Partition. I loved the killing of that round, however I never could get it to shoot accurately out of my rifle, somewhere around 2-3 inch groups at 100 yards no matter what I tried. Next up, Speer Grand Slam. Shot many deer with great success, better accuracy, however I'm not of fan of the soft blunt lead nose that gets damaged and my hunting spots have changed over the years and I am reaching out to longer distances. Next up, the Barnes triple shock, unbelievable accuracy, honest 1 inch groups at 200 yards off a bench. Shot around 4 nice bucks with them, lost one. I will no longer shoot a solid copper. The picture perfect mushrooms in gel are all cute and all, but they don't kill deer the way the others do, some will argue but that's just the facts. I have hit deer perfectly with the Barnes and got little to no blood, deer have run off almost like they were not even hit, only to see them tip over 50-100 yards later. So, no more Barnes, and here I am now, looking again. I have thoughts on trying these options. Federal Trophy bonded tip, Hornady INTERBOND, not interlock, Nosler Accubond, and maybe even the Swift Scirocco 2. Again, this would be in the .270 Winchester round, in WI deer at ranges of 0-450 yards. I only want to do this one last time, enlighten me, give me advice, give me horror stories, tell me what to do..
Nosler Partition, and Sierra Game Kings!

There is no such thing as the perfect bullet. 30 years of guiding elk and deer hunters have proved that to me. Deer are not hard to kill and don't need expensive fancy bullets. My favorite deer caliber and load is the 270 win. with 150 gr Sierra btgk. But they have always shot good in my guns. Good friends in Pa have killed many deer with Speer bullets. Sorry, No magic bullet for you.

I went through the same BT trouble with early 338 200g bullets. Haven't used for big game since then. I use 140g accubonds in a 270wsm with much success. However, in my 270win, I believe old fashion 130g Hornady Interlocs can't be beat for most deer hunting. They're easy to get to shoot well, and performance has been 100% predictable and deadly. Indeed, I believe they may kill a little quicker than than the 140 Accubonds. After decades of searching for bullet perfection for deer, elk and antelope, I believe the closest thing to perfection for ranges near and far, out of magnum cartridges is a partition or accubonds. For standard cartridge, I don't think they're needed. For standard cartridges, I start with Interlocs and only look elsewhere if accuracy doesn't meet my standards (1" at 100yds).

Either the Accubond or the Partition are hard to beat. In my experience, the Accubond is great on deer sized game below 3000fps and staying away from large bones/shoulders. They're great killers but badly fragment In those situations and likely will not exit. Partitions are the gold standard...I know, I know, they're dated...but they just plain work. At the distances you suggest, you should be GTG with either one.

One of the great things about the 270 win is the huge selection of great bullets and ammo.
For whitetail I just use the simple Hornady 140 grain BTSP. It's not fancy but it works and has good ballistics downrange. I have never had a problem or had a need for a bullet that would do more .
Ultimately the gun will decide what it wants and as long as the bullet will perform as needed go with that.

good luck and keep shooting that great 270

I gotta admit my experience is with Muley's not white tail, but about 40 years ago I traded my .270 for a .300 Wby. mag.
Stopped chasing deer 100 yards into the brush before finding them. It's the perfect 500 yard and under gun for me.
Or maybe a lighter bullet to get some speed out of the Bonded stuff you seem to be leaning towards.
I got cleaner kills, at more distance with faster bullets.
Just my thoughts?

140gr or 150gr SST, it just kills fast when placed through the lungs or through the shoulder, up close and at longer ranges. With a good dose of RL23 or H4831sc and done.

You'll get full penetration with vitals turned to jello, and who doesn't like jello.

The SST bullet is tougher than most frangible bullets like the Ballistic Tips and other non bonded cup and core bullets. It holds together pretty well even at impact velocities above 2,900 fps. It also dumps more energy in the animal than bonded bullets.

Hope this helps and stay safe
This matches my experience too. The 140gr SST is the bomb for whitetails in a .270. Try it and your search will be over. Accurate too.

Another vote for Sierra GameKing or Pro Hunter. I've used several bullets (Accubond, Partition, TTSX, VLD) in my 270, but keep coming back to the Sierras because it's just bang-flop every time. My experience is from 50 yards to 350, and I try to keep the soft lead tips protected in a plastic case.

Muddy boots said it well. One does not a pattern make. I have killed at least 80 Wisconsin whitetails and helped recover another hundred or more. I have seen a lot of terminal effect from many chamberings and bullet combinations. Quick kills and good blood trails do seem to be at each others expense with a lot of options to find a desirable balance. My experience does include some nice Wisconsin bucks and some does taken with a 270. The 140 Accubond will exit big bucks, but I felt that without snow the blood trails were light and the tracking distance long. I did recover every deer. Great western load when you have a deer and elk tag to fill and are carrying a 270. Speer MagTips were very quick killers, but sometimes didn't exit. Hornaday SST were very impressive on the deer I have seen taken. Hornaday factory Light Mag loads for 30-06 didn't exit 2 big bucks, no blood trails at all but deer only went 30 yards. Those are Inter Lok or Bond, don't remember and don't want to find the remaining boxes. Sierra Game Kings are a favorite from 25-06 through 308. Major damage and blood trails every time. Furthest kill was ranged at 535 yards from a 308. We reload mostly so options are endless. Sierra Gamekings and Hornaday SST for most deer hunting are excellent. Wouldn't try a quartering shot anyhow. Accubond is my go to when traveling for big heavy trophy deer where shot angles might require breaking shoulders to get to vitals or when elk are on the tag. The thicker hide and bigger ribs of a mature northern whitetail buck will only benefit the Accubonds performance.