270 bullet best for whitetailed deer

Badlands Precision has a 128 bulldozer that will work fine in a 10 twist.
it is a aluminum tipped mono that is just the ticket. drive them as hard as you want they will hold together and also expand at lower velocity

Never heard of these, I will check them out.

Thank you

they will work just like the hammer bullets. the front petals will come off and destroy the insides and the shank will drive through

When I used factory ammo I loved Hornady 140 gr. SPBT's they would drop deer in their tracks, but you need to shoot whatever your rifle likes just about any bullet will kill a deer with ease.

Used to shoot a M70 Fwt .270 for years. My go to bullet was a 140g Hornady Interlock. Killed numerous deer at various ranges, and it never failed me, always DRT. Preferred the ballistic performance over the 130g Interlocks and the BTs, and it just seemed to really hammer the deer at impact.

1800 fps is considered by many to be a minimum acceptable impact velocity by any bullet for a clean kill, so yes you may be stretching it with your 770 yard requirement, but the Hammer Hunter bullets will give you terminal performance you won't have to worry about from muzzle (whatever the velocity) down to 1800 fps
Shot when you see the whites of their eyes.

I posted earlier on my experiences today with the 270 Ackley I have and running a 130nbt at 3308. They come apart and I had 1 deer that was not recovered from a 65 yard shot.

SO MY QUESTION IS....
What bullet do you guys suggest using on whitetailed deer in Va that is tough enough to stay together at 3300fps close distance, and still work their magic without pin holing them. My max distance ever around here is 770 yards and normally under 350 yards.
Looked at Hammers and accubond but concerned accubond won't open up on whitetail.

Going to stay with a 130 or 140 class bullet due to the 10 twist barrel.
Good old Hornaday 150 spire point..
Never has one gone more than 15 feet!

I hear you there.

If you have a good shooting rifle you like, then I suggest running two loads.

#1 Long range "soft skinned" bullet that your rifle likes, and you shoot well.
#2 Short range "tough skinned" bullet. Barnes, Hammer, Accubond, Partition, most importantly whatever will shoot closest to #1 from 0-300 yds.

Setup your rifle for #1, but carry your rifle with #2 in the pipe (or mag if that's how you roll), and follow with a couple #1.

Close/Quick shot, #2 puts the hammer down. If you have a longer shot, switch to #1. If you've got time to range, then you've got time to cycle the action once or twice.
I'm in the same boat here and was turned on to this idea not too long ago. For me, I have the Nosler ABLR 150gr for my long range and the Nosler 150gr partition for my close range. Both are accurate and are reliable.
Partition is in the top of the mag or in the chamber in the case that I get a close shot. If the shot is long enough to need the ABLR, then I will have time to eject the partition.

After seeing how the 126 hammers did. And if I had a 1-10twist barrel I would shoot the 117 hammer or the 133-145 sledge hammers

I'm going to try these ASAP, i hoping someone or someone associated with hammer bullets will chime in and say the 1:10 might just possibly stabilize the 126.

I'm shooting the 270 wsm using the 130 gr sst . They will flatten a whitetail out to 350 yards . Thats the longest shot I've got to take so far with them. Have only had one deer go anywhere and it was nose in the ground bulldozing down the mountain for 20 yards. I honestly think if it had been on flat ground he wouldn't have went anywhere .