270 RWS Brass for Sherman Long action Cartridges

elkaholic

Official LRH Sponsor
I just spoke to Huntington and we have convinced them through all the calls to order what he referred to as "a buttload" of brass for this Sept.Originally I heard that they were only getting 1000. This was good news since it is the toughest brass out there for the Sherman L A. Also, there may be an opportunity to purchase Bertram brass as well. I am working on that with a local guy. I tested there brass in the saum size, and it was very tough, so Im hoping the 270 is as well......Rich

phorwath

Nice!
I tried to order some December/January and they had none in stock. Told me none until later this year. That's a long wait...

benchracer

I just spoke to Huntington and we have convinced them through all the calls to order what he referred to as "a buttload" of brass for this Sept.Originally I heard that they were only getting 1000. This was good news since it is the toughest brass out there for the Sherman L A. Also, there may be an opportunity to purchase Bertram brass as well. I am working on that with a local guy. I tested there brass in the saum size, and it was very tough, so Im hoping the 270 is as well......Rich
This is great news! I e-mailed Huntington's regarding their RWS 270 brass last week, as well, to confirm September as the next expected in-stock date. I am glad to know there will likely be plenty of it to be had!

elkaholic

Official LRH Sponsor
Pays to call and apply the pressure! He said "I hope I can pay for all of it" so order up boys. I will know the feeling soon:D

benchracer

It seems Huntington's has a different definition of "a buttload" than I do. I have been trying to buy RWS .270 from them since late 2017. My patience with them has run out.

The good news is that I found an alternative! The down side is the alternative is expensive. If one is desperate enough, available trumps expensive. I found a distributor who sells RWS loaded ammo:

https://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/products.php?cat=781&pg=5

Bonus: If you order two boxes, or more, shipping is free.

RWS .270 ammo was in stock. The transaction was straightforward. I ordered 3 boxes. Should have them on my doorstep in a few days.

I still hope Huntington's gets its act together and will gladly buy from them if they ever call to tell me they have it for sale. Longer term, I will persist in placing ADG 270/280/280AI brass on my wish list...

elkaholic

Official LRH Sponsor
ya, i dont know whats with Huntington? They have lost a lot of sales by not stocking like they said!

Trending threads