SHERMAN LONG ACTION SHOOTERS

Thanks. Still be to expensive to get RWS brass up to me in Canada I think. To many rules.

I use N570 in my 6.5 Sherman Norma 270 brass I have not saw any throat erosion yet in my rifle at 350 rounds still shoots less that 1/2 min at 600yards . I am hoping that it will work as good in my 6.5 SSM as I ended up with 10LBS of it.

Here are the results of my N 570 65.5 Gr load topped with 140 Berger VLD. Two shots completely passed through both front shoulders at 310yards toppling this full curl Ram,and putting the biggest smile on my face while the 2 day turnaround may not have it was worth it,and I cannot wait to try out on a bull this year .
I had more pics but could not upload says they are to big what ever that means .

Thanks Rich
Image.jpg Image-1.jpg

Nice work! Someday I'd like to get the opportunity to try mine out on a big ram. Been trying for a draw tag since I was a kid and it seems like it'll never happen.

What kind of speed do you get with 65.5 gr of N570? My Sherman was basically topped out at 64 gr. Shot awesome but was hard on brass. Drove a 140 Berger at 3339 fps with a 28" Hart. My Nosler brass is heavy though! Is this with Norma brass?

I am getting 3250 from my 26" Benchmark I was very surprised when I surpassed 64GR as that seems to be the norm, but after talking with Rich ,and no primer issue or sticky bolt issues I proceeded until I hit this load ,and it shot well. I tested a few more times ,and this was my load ,and yes I use Norma 270 brass 292 neck 50 tho off .

Goes to show you the differences in barrels, brass and powder lots. My ladders are loaded to shoot the N-570 and I hope to be able to get to 3200 fps in my Norma 280 brass. I know I'll never reach 3339 fps with a 26" barrel, but that would be SooooSweet.

Here are the results of my N 570 65.5 Gr load topped with 140 Berger VLD. Two shots completely passed through both front shoulders at 310yards toppling this full curl Ram,and putting the biggest smile on my face while the 2 day turnaround may not have it was worth it,and I cannot wait to try out on a bull this year .
I had more pics but could not upload says they are to big what ever that means .

Thanks Rich
View attachment 82188 View attachment 82189

Wow! Very Very nice! Congrats on a nice looking ram......Rich

Thanks Rich .
While it was only 310 yards them 140VLDs out of that Sherman did a good job both passed through both front shoulders ,and he only went a few steps .I will have to post a pic when I get home of the one that took a chunk of horn as well ,as he was quartering away on a very steep incline so one caught opposite side horn . Just an extra conversation piece when he is on the wall ..

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts