PETERSEN BRASS FOR SHERMAN CARTRIDGES ANYONE

I like it better than norma which is pretty good brass and would call it an equal with lapua I have had very good luck with it holding primer pockets and minimal prep work

Thanks - that's good to know. I just got a new rifle, and it's a 280 Remington. Lapua doesn't make brass for that cartridge, so I'm using Norma brass. I like the Norma brass, but having an alternative that is also of high quality is always a good thing. I'll check to see if they make it for that cartridge.

I have used Peterson brass in two different .338 Norma Mags, a 6.5 Creed, and my .260 AI. I would concur, it is equal to Lapua quality. I have directly compared it to Lapua in my .260 AI and 6.5 creed, however I have not had a direct comparison with it in the .338 Norma, so I cannot speak for that cartridge, however I can say it is tough stuff. I ran loads up in the .338 Norma with a Stiller TAC 338 action that were certainly pretty high pressure, and primer pockets didn't change feel.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts