RWS BRASS/LA SHERMANS

Seems like really good brass. I picked some up a while back the last time they got a little shipment of it in. Sat on their waiting list for almost a year before I got my hands on some for my 270 Sherman.

Thanks for the heads up! I have been trying to obtain RWS .270 brass for about two years. As of this morning, they still have some in stock. I ordered a few boxes to go with the pulled down cases I acquired earlier this year.

I am REALLY looking forward to working with this stuff. Planning to set one box of cases aside for development purposes. I will be completing development with multiple projectiles. It will be interesting to see how the RWS withstands the testing vs the Norma brass I have used up to now (which is quality brass, but not tough brass).

If ADG can ever be convinced to produce something in this case family, I will definitely obtain some and test it, too. I am fond of their product. It would be an interesting comparison to what is currently available.

Start a couple grains lower with the rws than your Norma. It's tougher but it holds a little less capacity. I've got some fireformed and then worked up to pressure with some of mine and lost around 30-40fps on the top end vs the nosler I was using. The largest benefit for me is the rws is the proper length for the sherman where the nosler cases I started with were trimmed about .015" short right out of the box. This also isn't an issue with the Norma brass but rws definitely has a better all around reputation for quality and toughness.

Start a couple grains lower with the rws than your Norma. It's tougher but it holds a little less capacity. I've got some fireformed and then worked up to pressure with some of mine and lost around 30-40fps on the top end vs the nosler I was using. The largest benefit for me is the rws is the proper length for the sherman where the nosler cases I started with were trimmed about .015" short right out of the box. This also isn't an issue with the Norma brass but rws definitely has a better all around reputation for quality and toughness.
YES on all of above!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts