27 Nosler and Hammer Bullets

Mason Blackmon

So I have a nosler rifle chambered in 27 nosler. I haven't done any loading for it yet as the only brass I have is in the form of factory loaded ammo, but that's about to change as I'm gonna burn through a box for the brass. I ordered some 117 Hammer hunters and 140 HH to play with nut I'm having trouble figuring out load data For the 117. The lightest bullet I've found load data for is a 130gr. Any ideas or suggestions on powder and charge weights for the 117? If not where should I be looking to get an idea? Thanks for the help and I'll post results once I start shooting.

Start here. GLTaylor is the "monk" keeping track of data submitted. If you search for Hammer with his name, you will get to the accumulated load data.

Yes it's a nosler factory rifle 8.5
The reason I went with 117 is because I posed on the hammer hunters and a guy commented that I could probably get it to 3800-3900 pretty easy and maybe over 4000fps which just sounded cool. I'm not going to be chasing a trophy elk with it this season, just a cow elk 250yds and in and maybe some cull aoudad rams and ewes

Recent Posts