.264 Win. Mag vs 26 Nosler

I hope @Stgraves260 takes no offense, he seems to be a nice guy. I for one would like to have an accurate information and as a continuous learner, I do not mind being corrected.
I actually thought it was great lol, but I was waiting for someone to come in and be like actually the 7rm is a necked down from the 338 and 264 came first or something along those lines, I don't remember how it all went

Its crazy on how all these manufactures claim they all have the all new latest and greatest new caliber rifles. All they are doing is resizing over bore casinging and it duplicating the old tried and true ballistics. 6.5 WM nothing wrong with it. 26 Nosler is not faster nor is it more accurate. How bout the 6.5 STW 200 FPS faster than the 6.5 WM. So wait a minute. 6.5 STW 140 Grain bullet at 3400 FPS from the 100 plus year old caliber. I thought the 26 Nosler was the best? I didn't know that 3200 FPS was faster than 3400 FPS. I better go back to school. LoL

Its crazy on how all these manufactures claim they all have the all new latest and greatest new caliber rifles. All they are doing is resizing over bore casinging and it duplicating the old tried and true ballistics. 6.5 WM nothing wrong with it. 26 Nosler is not faster nor is it more accurate. How bout the 6.5 STW 200 FPS faster than the 6.5 WM. So wait a minute. 6.5 STW 140 Grain bullet at 3400 FPS from the 100 plus year old caliber. I thought the 26 Nosler was the best? I didn't know that 3200 FPS was faster than 3400 FPS. I better go back to school. LoL Nosler if your gonna claim something you better be able to back it up.

Ah, got it. Thanks, Trnelson

I've got a 264WM and a 26 Nosler. The 26 Nosler is about 300fps faster than the 264WM with my handloads, each with a 26" barrel. Whether that extra speed is worth it to the shooter is a different question, but there is no doubt the 26 Nosler is faster.

For myself, I think both are great cartridges, and I wouldn't give up either.

JMHO

I was watching this thread and someone said if you can't find 264 WM brass just use 7 MAG brass. Please don't do this for it is the wrong brass case size. You may use 300 WM brass and neck it down. 300 WM and 264 WM are the same brass. 7 RM is not.
the 7mm rem mag and 264 wm are the same case the 300 win mag is longer you got it backwards

Nope, it's a .350 RemMag necked down. Neck a 7mm RemMag down to 6.5 would make a .264 WinMag case.
You're doing this on purpose...aren't you? I suppose you could make a 6.5 RM case from a 7mm RemMag, they are all based on the belted .375 H&H. However it is more than a simple neck down.

I stand corrected gentlemen. Y'all are correct. I shoot my 260 Rem 95% of the time. Memory is slipping I guess. I have a 300 WM that I turned down to a 6.5. My pop has a 7 mag that he turned down to a 6.5 also. I can't believe y'all made me get my butt out of bed just to prove myself wrong. LoL!!! I had to go look at my notes. I have a Lyman data book I keep my notes in. My apology.

It was just something we did together at the same time. Now I mainly shoot my 260 Rem and he shoots his 7-08. Spent all that money and we shoot factory caliber rounds. LoL. Well at least we still reload. Hope I don't forget how to do that. LoL

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.