.260 AI 156 Berger

some powders are better at fire forming than others. I try to use a med/fast burning powder with a heavy bullet to build pressure quickly so the case fully expands to the chamber and have stayed within the powder charge of the original case.

That's the general wisdom of AI, yes, and I've not been bitten by it.

But if this is your first time with an AI there's no harm in working up through the standard loads first. In fact I recommend it, because then you'll have the first-hand experience of it. đź‘Ť No one can take experience away from you.
Agreed, as I was driving over to a buddies to discuss this very subject I realized a flaw to my thinking. Since I'm new to this I had in my head that more space meant more powder, in a sense I guess that's right but, then I thought hell, I'm leaving out the pressure equation. So I plan on starting at the Berger recommended grains for 156 H4350 and going to ladder up from there to find the best load for my rifle.

Agreed, as I was driving over to a buddies to discuss this very subject I realized a flaw to my thinking. Since I'm new to this I had in my head that more space meant more powder, in a sense I guess that's right but, then I thought hell, I'm leaving out the pressure equation. So I plan on starting at the Berger recommended grains for 156 H4350 and going to ladder up from there to find the best load for my rifle.
You will find Berger load data to be very conservative and on the low side of velocity.