26 Nosler????? !!!!!

I would like to think my 264WM is ok at 130gr JLK VLD at 3231 fps with a 300 yard zero and mid range is 3.5 inches high and 20.8 inches low at 500 yards.

Nope. Too slow, you must throw it out. :D
In all seriousness... any 6.5 130/140 grainer going over 3k is a pretty **** nice thing....

True.
I simply can't get these 175 ABLRS in my 280 AIs to go past 2900... well, I "could" but, I'm not in the mood to pitch brass after one shot. I'd rather get half a dozen shots out of them, nevermind the fact that actions are expensive, and I like my face arranged how it is...

True.
I simply can't get these 175 ABLRS in my 280 AIs to go past 2900... well, I "could" but, I'm not in the mood to pitch brass after one shot. I'd rather get half a dozen shots out of them, nevermind the fact that actions are expensive, and I like my face arranged how it is...

its never worth it to push them to the max. the gratification doesn't out weigh ANYTHING imo

back on forming brass from what size to the next topic as im not really educated in it.

if sizing a 300 weatherby down to a 6.5 isn't an issue, then sizing a 26 nosler up to a 28 is just as easy correct?

Correct. Not so correct for the 30 Nosler. That is a different length and shoulder angle... if memory serves me correctly.

i think you are correct. nosler didn't want to get too confusing with ammunition with same parent cartridge so they changed it up. the 26 and 28 are absolutely the same from what i can see , other then neck dia

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.