26 Nosler - Very strange

It can be I just find the fastest speed in a bullet weight load close to max charge i usually check 3 or 4 manuals like noslers says for 300rum RL25 95grn is max but hornady says 95.3 so i went 95 right off the bat and load every dam hunting bullet in that weight i want with a tip and so far have always got a pretty quick answer after i find the cheapest box of factory for barrel break in shoot and clean with that box then feed it my test rounds glad you found a good load just alway dont get stuck on a particular brand get stuck on what it needs to kill effectively and humanely by the way will be hunting montana this year so look for pics i hope in november for my elk and deer tag being filled

slewis12

Montana is a great place to hunt just about everything. I have a nephew in Bozeman. He has two pronghorn tags this year and can get up to 7 deer tags and of course elk and bear. He's got 4 kids and they managed to empty the freezer by May though he shot 6 animals last year so he needs all those tags. There is game all over the place although it helps a lot if you have access to private land. He has a place he likes that has some pretty nice whitetail so I'll likely go over for one of those this year. Good luck.

I've only had one rifle that acted that crazy. It is a 300 wby ultralight. I about half wore out the barrel on every decent hunting bullet and slow powder suitable and was barely "pie plate" at 200.
Finally tried stuffing the bullets really deep...like ogive barely out of case mouth deep....shazam...it went under moa to 300.
Its a pretty long thin barrel plus another 2" for muzzle brake. This hobby can and will drive you crazy some days.

lol, this cracks me up! I've got a .270 weatherby mag in a ultra-lightweight that I couldn't get to shoot to save my life. I tried 5 different powders, 6 different bullets, seating the bullets at different depths, free floating the barrel, and bedding the action with nothing getting better then 3" groups at 100 yds. Finally on a whim I threw together a couple of loads with one more different powder(retumbo)and one more different bullet (nosler 150 gr lr accubond). Boom! At 74 grains of powder I'm getting 1"groups at 200 yards. It was the most frustrating gun I've ever tried to get to shoot.

The first question is? Is it bedded.

Normally when I see vertical stringing I suspect trigger control If every thing else is good.

But when I see horizontal stringing I suspect the bedding or lack of.

I would recommend that you Pillar bed the rifle and torque to 45+ Inch Pounds

J E CUSTOM

I've only had one rifle that acted that crazy. It is a 300 wby ultralight. I about half wore out the barrel on every decent hunting bullet and slow powder suitable and was barely "pie plate" at 200.
Finally tried stuffing the bullets really deep...like ogive barely out of case mouth deep....shazam...it went under moa to 300.
Its a pretty long thin barrel plus another 2" for muzzle brake. This hobby can and will drive you crazy some days.

I Have a 26 nosler built by Gradious firearms when i aarrived he was fine tuning the most accurate load . It was alittle off ,literally setting the bullet thousants deeper,made the difference 3 shots,same hole 100 yrds. Not only does he build a superb rifle,he knows also how to work up the load. You getthe rifle ,dies,and bullet,and powder for the load ,along with seeing the rifle perform yourself.not just hearsay. This man is undisputably the best gun fabricator i have ever seen .he makes his own barrels and every thing that he needs. So long story even longer,a few thousants can have a devastating effect pn even the finest of rifles.i was told to zero at 350 yrds and would be good out to approx 500 yds with reloading info provided