257 Weatherby

I own a accumark in 257 wbymag and IMR-4831 and 115 grain noslers work the best in my gun. This is a deadly combo for deer. Good luck.

Moen: Are you the same Moen that is good friends with Leon the locksmith up dere in da valley? Welcome aboard...

Nodak7mm
(Leon's Brother in law)
cool.gif

Moen,
I have been looking at the 257WBY Accumark because it is available in LH. How accurate have you found it to be? Do you only reload or do you have experience with factory ammo too? How much meat dammage with the 115 gr Noslers?

Thanks for any input, you don't see a lot of them at the range to ask the owners opinion.

Rick

RB-I am no means a expert shooter just experiance out here on the prairie over the years but get 3/4 inch groups at a hundred yards fairly easy with heavier bullets.Still working on lighter ones in the 85gr range for coyotes.As for factory ammo I dont have alot experiance with it but to break in barrel, pretty expensive to shoot at $45 or more for a box.This is one round where it really pays to reload.Also helps with accuracy due to the long throats,seat the bullets out as far as magazine allows.As for meat damage,well I wouldnt go for the "Texas heart shot" if you hit solid bone in front shoulder it is devestating(throw both away)keep em in the boiler room,neck or even gutshot(not on purpose)and they go down quick.
Like I said earlier I'm no expert,but if your looking at an accumark in 257wby for deer hunting I think youll be happy.

Quick hello to Nodak 7mm,leon told me about site pretty interesting stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.