257 weatherby or 6.5 Creedmoor

Being as you put this is the elk section I'm going to assume that we're talking for elk correct?

Need is a big no............now is the 257 Wby a darn fine elk round indeed it is!

A funner question is when and where is your elk hunt slated for/

I was concerned that 257 is too small but if the bullet is placed properly, it should work.
Should work you say, have you seen the 257 Wby used on elk? For that matter have you seen many elk killed?

Of course it's going to work, you wreck the lungs and thing freaking die! I've seen plenty enough elk taken with 22/250's and Swifts to know that a Big 25 is plenty of gun.

I agree on the size difference. However, the 257 has greater velocity. I thought that may make it better within 600 yards. I know the 6.5 is supposed to be a "miracle round", but am I off base?

I agree on the size difference. However, the 257 has greater velocity. I thought that may make it better within 600 yards. I know the 6.5 is supposed to be a "miracle round", but am I off base?
Your only off base if you believe a "miracle round" exists, do your part and either caliber will work. The 257 has greater velocity and I agree it would be better within 600yds but more important is to stay within the velocity range of the terminal performance of the projectile you choose. That goes for any caliber.

I'm not entirely clear if your intent is an elk rifle but if so the 257 Weatherby will have more versatility but my guess is ammo way more expensive and way harder to find. Its an old school classic and king of the quarterbores tho...
If your trying to decide if you should buy it Id say get it if your a shooting fan and will appreciate its legendary quarterbore status. If your just concerned about stopping an elk then just learn to shoot your 6.5 Creedmore to its potential... stay within your projectiles terminal velocity and your fine.