25 PRC

Wildcats can certainly be an adventure.
In the end you will certainly have learned something.!
Depending on your view and the end result it can be good or bad, your call.
Always fun and interesting to Me.
And be glad the network of info is available these days. Use it!

I'm most strongly leaning towards 25-300 weatherby at this point. Peterson makes 6.5-300 weatherby brass. Very straightforward. And shouldn't it work to just use one of those reamers with interchangeable pilots - put a 25 cal pilot on a 6.5-300 reamer?

I've never done this before, all factory rifles so far, excited to do this in a few years probably but also need to learn as much as I can.
Yes, there Peterson brass in the 6.5-300 wby is what I'm using now to make my 7 stw brass. When I can find it, but we'll worth it.

You're about to embark on a journey that never ends lol 😆 but I love it!!

My 25-6.5 PRC built on a 7.5 twist is doing bugholes with VV 560. My next workup looking for more velocity will be using VV 565. IMG_3494.jpeg

Could someone tell me what size bushing they are using to neck down their brass?

I'll be buying a full length bushing Forster die. The brass I have is ADG 6.5 PRC brass. My neck thickness is measuring .016".

The spec I received from Preferred says the barrel has a .291" neck.

Thank you.

Could someone tell me what size bushing they are using to neck down their brass?

I'll be buying a full length bushing Forster die. The brass I have is ADG 6.5 PRC brass. My neck thickness is measuring .016".

The spec I received from Preferred says the barrel has a .291" neck.

Thank you.
I have a PBB barrel. With Lapua brass I am using .285 bushing which yields .0035" neck tension. I bought 4 bushings initially (.284-.287)

I'm most strongly leaning towards 25-300 weatherby at this point. Peterson makes 6.5-300 weatherby brass. Very straightforward. And shouldn't it work to just use one of those reamers with interchangeable pilots - put a 25 cal pilot on a 6.5-300 reamer?

I've never done this before, all factory rifles so far, excited to do this in a few years probably but also need to learn as much as I can.
Go big or go home!! :D

25-378 Weatherby.

Needing some help.

Finally was able to spin the barrel on and I'm having some headspace issues.

Would anyone have a 6.5 PRC go gauge to lend for me to verify headspace?

Also, if anyone would like to share what their base to datum measurement is to have as a reference, that would be great as well.

I was able to get a piece of necked down ADG brass to cycle but only after I trimmed off the neck and set the shoulder back a good amount.

I've bottomed out my Forster bushing die to bump the shoulder.

I believe it's a headspace issue.