25 saum, 25 prc, 25x284 and others - released for public use

Guys using the 131 blackjacks and hammer hunters...what is your cart OAL... in your 257 weatherby

3.405 with the 128 Hammer Hunter

3.475 with the 131 Blackjack

I loaded the blackjack first and found that depth to be the best. Then I got an order of hammers and didn't adjust the seating stem. They still shoot great. So no sense in changing it.

25x284 is not intended for short action. 25 Creedmoor is about maxed out in Short Action and that's how we designed it. Your not going to get a more a ballistically advantaged non-magnum in a short action than a 25 Creed without some fuss and fireforming.
I've not been thru this thread yet and just read this, but...I believe the .25WSSM is the answer for a short action.. With a case length of 1.67", I can load the 115g. Bergers to c. 2.66".
2021May08_1050186_115VLD-T in case_1500w.jpg

Maximum loads of powder peak at a hair below 50 grains, and that's plenty enough for me for good barrel life.

I have a spreadsheet of maximum loads culled from about seven public, reliable sources; if anyone wants a copy, PM me.

I've not been thru this thread yet and just read this, but...I believe the .25WSSM is the answer for a short action.. With a case length of 1.67", I can load the 115g. Bergers to c. 2.66".
View attachment 273138

Maximum loads of powder peak at a hair below 50 grains, and that's plenty enough for me for good barrel life.

I have a spreadsheet of maximum loads culled from about seven public, reliable sources; if anyone wants a copy, PM me.
Yes please, for some reason I can't pm you.

Why, the old fashion plain Jane 25/06 will do basically the same things with zero pain, aggravation and expense...this ho- hum cartridge has stood the test of time with flying colors.....the best mid- range cartridge ever...no need to improve anything for 150fps...

Why, the old fashion plain Jane 25/06 will do basically the same things with zero pain, aggravation and expense...this ho- hum cartridge has stood the test of time with flying colors.....the best mid- range cartridge ever...no need to improve anything for 150fps...
This is hard to argue with. The 25/06 is very tempting indeed

And some of us like something different--I simply don't want a 25-06.. As I wrote above, "Maximum loads of powder (in the .25WSSM) peak at a hair below 50 grains, and that's plenty enough for me for good barrel life." Mine will be a target, not hunting, rifle.