300 PRC

LocalJW

Looking to get dies for my 300prc. I have Lapua Brass and plan to shoo t205 bergers. Is there a die you would recommend brand wise?

I am looking for a FL with busing and then seater. I don't do neck inself and will most likely run a mandrel after FL sizing.

Redding Type S Bushing FL and Comp Mic seater are my standard set up for any decent rifle. Sometimes get a Whidden FL bushing die also.

I try to keep a set of Hornady around for everything that passes through, they're cheap enough to do that. Their mic stem isn't nearly as good as Forster, and Forster isn't nearly as good as Redding.

I would lean toward the redding dies persoanlly but really do not like the bushing style sizing dies. Unless your having neck tension issues or are turning your necks, their advantages are really quite limited and just cost more money to get set up with. They certainly have their advantages for some situations but not generally needed in my opinion. Have used dozens and dozens of standard loading die sets to load 1/2 moa accuracy class ammo at 1000 yards to know most of the accessary items many claim are needed for this level of precision is really not…. Dont hurt, just cost more and not really needed. A high quality in-line seating die is a very nice addition, simply for accurate seating depth and adjustments.

I agree and have found the same. I haven't really had a problem with any of my dies really. Redding, rcbs, Hornady. I have noticed the 300prc Lapua brass is a little thicker neck than adg with bergers and I do use a bushing die for the A-tips to lessen the grip a little. I will say the Hornady thread are made out of plastic and the brass seizures will screw up the threads lol but still delivers very good ammunition