25 PRC?

Pretty hard to beat the 25 SST at 3200+ in a short action with head stamped ADG brass

Are there any resources for loaded ammo for any Sherman cartridges?, or any possible future outlets?

I know I don't speak for many on this site, but factory ammo is a good selling point for most any cartridge. I myself would be interested in some of your designs, but I do not reload, nor do I have any plans to reload.

TAG… been pondering same. Crown Ridge did me right on a Rem 783 LA 284 barrel last year. He has the 25 PRC reamer. I'll prob go with. 22" 8 twist. Can't decide if I want to twist it on a Tikka, 783 or 700 clone. I have a hunch Hornady may follow Bergers lead and bring out a 130grn-ish 25cal pill too.
DL,

They already have. Just hasn't hit the streets yet. 134 ELD-M. I've have an alert set up in a few places for when they do finally hit the stores.

Ryan

Attachments

• F34C36BC-2B9B-49F6-B3E4-C59DFFFC4F31.png
    F34C36BC-2B9B-49F6-B3E4-C59DFFFC4F31.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 84
Educate me, I see the desire for some to want a 25 cal for lighter bullets at higher speeds but the 130 class isn't doing anything different than a 135 A Tip 6.5 that I can see. Looking at BC comparisons and fps attained, it's very close with the 135 A Tip with a slight advantage. If you are simply going for all out speed a 110 A Tip in a 6 PRC is humming along around 3400-3500. Not bagging on any of it, just wondering what the advantage is.

Are there any resources for loaded ammo for any Sherman cartridges?, or any possible future outlets?

I know I don't speak for many on this site, but factory ammo is a good selling point for most any cartridge. I myself would be interested in some of your designs, but I do not reload, nor do I have any plans to reload.
No shelf ammo but a couple guys do custom loading

I posted in this forum the other day.

I had straight jacket armory chamber a 25PRC for me last fall.

I am using a Terminus Kratos action, 22" carbonsix sendero 7 twist with Hawkins BDL and a Mesa altitude stock. I have about 105 rounds down the barrel and took a whitetail with it when I went back to Michigan. Running about 3050 FPS right now. I have shot it suppressed and with a TI pro 2 muzzle brake and it is fun to shoot.

Load
ADG BRASS necked down
CCI BR2
N565 57.5 grains
Berger 133
CBTO 2.229 -.020

Not bagging on any of it, just wondering what the advantage is.

Maybe there isn't an exact advantage in velocity or energy. Maybe someone just want something different or wants to use the reloading room for a new cartridge to play with, a project if you will. Maybe a shooter just wants some specific details in a cartridge necked to hold .25 cal. bullets. Maybe he/she has some spare 6.5 PRC brass laying around and decided to use it. Nowadays this can be a good reason with the lack of support from some manufacturers.

If we determined that every cartridge needed to have an advantage, we could potentially eliminate as many as 80% of the current list of cartridges including wildcats of course. Or, as some of the diehards express, there is nothing any cartridge can do that .30-06 can't in NA hunting. Insert your own choice if the .30-06 doesn't suit you.

I'm not enamored with the 6.5 PRC or the .25 caliber version right this minute. But when I start to run short of my 6.5 RSAUM necked down to .25, I can run to the PRC since there is good brass available.

Enjoy the process!

:)

Maybe there isn't an exact advantage in velocity or energy. Maybe someone just want something different or wants to use the reloading room for a new cartridge to play with, a project if you will. Maybe a shooter just wants some specific details in a cartridge necked to hold .25 cal. bullets. Maybe he/she has some spare 6.5 PRC brass laying around and decided to use it. Nowadays this can be a good reason with the lack of support from some manufacturers.

If we determined that every cartridge needed to have an advantage, we could potentially eliminate as many as 80% of the current list of cartridges including wildcats of course. Or, as some of the diehards express, there is nothing any cartridge can do that .30-06 can't in NA hunting. Insert your own choice if the .30-06 doesn't suit you.

I'm not enamored with the 6.5 PRC or the .25 caliber version right this minute. But when I start to run short of my 6.5 RSAUM necked down to .25, I can run to the PRC since there is good brass available.

Enjoy the process!

:)
All makes sense. SAUM vs PRC is short lived argument for sure for the reloading world. PRC for factory ammo seems to be the only standing argument for a decision. I know there is a 25 cal fan base and I've looked over the data. It's generally underwhelming to me so I stick with the more main stream.

I went with PRC because brass was available and I could use Redding dies. I was going to go with a 25SST but I don't use Hornady dies.
Usually its not the Hornady quality. its do the dies match the chamber correctly. Our custom made Hornadys work great. Most of the time, factory dies error on the side of not sizing enough because there is a fine line between proper web sizing and cracking the die. This is why you see clicker problems with the PRC families. They size adequately for two or three firings and Hornady probably figures thats good enough for their brass.

Usually its not the Hornady quality. its do the dies match the chamber correctly. Our custom made Hornadys work great. Most of the time, factory dies error on the side of not sizing enough because there is a fine line between proper web sizing and cracking the die. This is why you see clicker problems with the PRC families. They size adequately for two or three firings and Hornady probably figures thats good enough for their brass.
Don't bring that up in the prc bolt click thread. Heaven forbid anyone order a custom spec die to properly size the web. You will instantly be chastised for your lack of knowledge and fundamental understanding of anything.

Recent Posts