25 Creedmoor Lapua brass problem

Necking down, brass flows...can't get around it. Plan on neck turning.

It will help eliminate doughnuts if you neck turn at 6.5, then neck down. You will see around .0002 run out when you neck down on a perfect no run out at 6.5.

It will take a few cases, trial and error to get the turner set up, then you are done.

Always better to neck up, vs necking down. Alpha brass sounds like the ticket, in spades.

If you neck turn at 6.5, you will never need a form die, as FL die will work! I like Lee sizing lube in the tooth paste type container vs any petroleum based product!

K&M neck turner in a variable speed half inch drill is a marriage made in heaven. You can turn 5 cases per minute and goof off. Run out will be .0001 on a thousand cases. I dab the lee wax on the mandrel to keep any gauling from happening. You want to buy the Half inch drill with the speed control wheel on the trigger. You want slow speed.

A nit pickers nit picker would neck turn at 6.5, neck down, then neck turn again for .0000 run out....this is a little OCD.

No need to neck turn, 25 Creedmoor brass, unless you have a neck turn itch to scratch? It's cut, so you don't have to neck turn, even when necking down 6.5 Creedmoor brass. I use Alpha 25, tried Starline 6.5 Creedmoor and Peterson 6.5 Creedmoor, all work.

Have done a lot of load work-ups with mine and the main points are:
Use SRP brass!
H4350, RL16, RL17, Hybrid 100V, SW4350, basically mid range powders work.
At 2950-3020fps, the Ace 131, gets downrange real quick...real flat...wind is not that much of a factor.

No need to neck turn, 25 Creedmoor brass, unless you have a neck turn itch to scratch? It's cut, so you don't have to neck turn, even when necking down 6.5 Creedmoor brass. I use Alpha 25, tried Starline 6.5 Creedmoor and Peterson 6.5 Creedmoor, all work.

Have done a lot of load work-ups with mine and the main points are:
Use SRP brass!
H4350, RL16, RL17, Hybrid 100V, SW4350, basically mid range powders work.
At 2950-3020fps, the Ace 131, gets downrange real quick...real flat...wind is not that much of a factor.

I would have used the alpha if I could have gotten it in time. Right now I'm stuck with crooked srp lapua.

I would have used the alpha if I could have gotten it in time. Right now I'm stuck with crooked srp lapua.
I have 400 pieces, all weight sorted from lightest to heaviest, and it was like literally 2 grains over the entire spread. I'd be willing to sell you a box, however I won't be home for another 11 days.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.