.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

I've always had great luck with 7828 but with these lighter bullets I'm thinking H1000 in the WBY. I haven't reloaded 257 WBY in a few years so I'll be going back to the books and doing some comparative research. Have not tried 7977 in anything yet.
I've had some 7977 for years (since it hit the shelves), but due to life getting in the way, I had not gotten around to trying it until about a month or 2 ago. It's similar to H1000 in burn rate, so slightly slower than 7828 (which I have had excellent luck with in my .25-06 AI and .30-06 AI). I tried the 7977 in my .300 Ackley, and was getting good velocities, excellent case fill, and an SD of 7, and an ES of 14 (MSv2 readings). So, appears to be VERY consistent burning. I instantly became a big fan when I saw those ES & SD numbers. :cool:

With the heavier 131 ACE's, I could see 7977 being one of the top performing powders in the .25-06 Rem/AI, and the .257 Wby with it's full case fill and slower burn rate/lower pressures.

I've been wanting to get some 8133 to try. It's supposed to be similar to RL-33 in burn rate, but being an Enduron powder, extremely temp stable and consistent. If it's anything like 7977, I think Hodgdon/IMR has found a winner for the big magnums. I'd like to try it in my 7mm STW's and .300 Ackley.

I read on another website that Sierra is making your bullets. Is that information correct?

Edd, yes we have been working with Sierra for a while on this project and our upcoming bullet the HTR. For our brass case which will complete the 257 Blackjack Cartridge & Bullet combination we will also be contracting with a venerated company. We tried to keep this High BC 257 project under wraps as long as possible until we had a pretty accurate release date.

We shopped around from all the majors to many of the custom bullet shops that lean toward more efficient designs. We even priced equipment and lined up some dyed-in-the-wool BR bulletmakers to give us an education, BUT when everything was laid out there were two very important aspects to me.

#1 - Competitive Pricing. We've done a lot of work to get this high performance 25 Caliber thing off the ground. 34 reamers for Match Shooters, 165 barrels, a freight load of bullets right out of the gate. Unfortunately going through the custom shops we could not get the pricing low enough for the market to adopt 25 caliber. It just wouldn't happen. To make this work we needed to keep pricing competitive, keep the quality high, and the performance a clear win-win for the shooter.

#2 - Production Capacity & Expertise. We've seen how things can blow up in the LRP market and wanted to be ready for that. We really believe in 2-5 years a good % of the competition crowd will be running 25 caliber. Sales are already climbing and we wanted to avoid the common growing pains a lot of startups run into when the demand outruns their capacities. Sierra makes great bullets, our 131 ACE have been exceptional quality, and with their production capacity and expertise we will stay stocked with 131 ACE's and our HTR so there are no shortages when a lot of shooters make the switch.

We've made some real heady on the 257 Blackjack case and I can't wait to show it off here on LRH once we do preliminary testing.

Last edited:
Are you saying if the 257 Blackjack will be a long or short action cartridge?

Miles, it seems like yall have truly nailed it in all the important aspects to run a successful business. Quality products, at an affordable price, and having excellent customer service. Those 3 things alone will make ANY business a success, regardless of what type of business it is.

I really do hope this thing takes off and yall are able to blow the market up with something that has been missing for nearly 50 years... And so far, from what I've seen after handling the bullet you sent me, this has potential to turn the 1/4-bore market around!

Are you saying if the 257 Blackjack will be a long or short action cartridge?

Short action. Just like our bullets the 257 Blackjack will be designed with Balanced Performance and Efficiency in mind. When all that comes together the shooter reaps the performance advantages.

Good barrel life, extremely low recoil for the superior level of ballistic performance, yet enough energy and bullet mass for confident Long Range Hunting. In essence the 257 Blackjack will be at home in a Match rifle, but can also be built in a lightweight mountain rifle to enjoy the performance without the punishment.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, what type of case capacity will the 257 Blackjack have?

Are we talking 25 Creed realm, or some kind of short mag?

Maybe I missed it, what type of case capacity will the 257 Blackjack have?

Are we talking 25 Creed realm, or some kind of short mag?

Some kind of short mag. I'll be showing pics and details off soon enough. Want to keep as much under wraps as possible until performance testing. I don't expect revisions but you never know. : )

I think there is a little confusion here. Blackjack is selling bullets. It is not a cartridge. Their bullets are used in any 25 caliber case--25-06, 257 Roberts, 257 Weatherby, etc.

I am aware they launched bullets first to use in existing cartridges or easy wildcats, but if you read carefully they are also going to release their own case once they save up the money and their operation is hitting on all cylinders.

I bought a barrel and bullets last night and will probably do a 25 Creed for matches.

Edd, yes we have been working with Sierra for a while on this project and our upcoming bullet the HTR. For our brass case which will complete the 257 Blackjack Cartridge & Bullet combination we will also be contracting with a venerated company. We tried to keep this High BC 257 project under wraps as long as possible until we had a pretty accurate release date.

We shopped around from all the majors to many of the custom bullet shops that lean toward more efficient designs. We even priced equipment and lined up some dyed-in-the-wool BR bulletmakers to give us an education, BUT when everything was laid out there were two very important aspects to me.

#1 - Competitive Pricing. We've done a lot of work to get this high performance 25 Caliber thing off the ground. 34 reamers for Match Shooters, 165 barrels, a freight load of bullets right out of the gate. Unfortunately going through the custom shops we could not get the pricing low enough for the market to adopt 25 caliber. It just wouldn't happen. To make this work we needed to keep pricing competitive, keep the quality high, and the performance a clear win-win for the shooter.

#2 - Production Capacity & Expertise. We've seen how things can blow up in the LRP market and wanted to be ready for that. We really believe in 2-5 years a good % of the competition crowd will be running 25 caliber. Sales are already climbing and we wanted to avoid the common growing pains a lot of startups run into when the demand outruns their capacities. Sierra makes great bullets, our 131 ACE have been exceptional quality, and with their production capacity and expertise we will stay stocked with 131 ACE's and our HTR so there are no shortages when a lot of shooters make the switch.

We've made some real heady on the 257 Blackjack case and I can't wait to show it off here on LRH once we do preliminary testing.

You've got a well thought out plan and it seems like you're executing it well. I'm anxious to see how this all plays out.

I am aware they launched bullets first to use in existing cartridges or easy wildcats, but if you read carefully they are also going to release their own case once they save up the money and their operation is hitting on all cylinders.

I bought a barrel and bullets last night and will probably do a 25 Creed for matches.
Nice I bought 500 Thursday.

maybe I missed it, but what is it looking like for these wildcat dies? Are they as easy as dropping a bushing and rolling on? I've got 284WIN bushing dies, so if it's just as easy as throwing in a smaller bushing to get 25-284, I may have to go that route. And I still have a couple boxes of 284 WIN lapua brass