.25 cal 131g .330G7 bullet from Blackjack Bullets for you to drool on ...

I'm not necessarily replying to anyone's post but the whole thread. I have a 25-06 among many more calibers. I really think that it's great that someone is finally trying to improve on 25 Cal's. The thousands of 10 twist factory 25 cal rifles that's been sold is why very few bullet makers endeavored to make ultra high b.c. bullets for that caliber.

Last edited:
In the days of Jack O'Connor, light bullets in flat shooting cartridges was king of what they considered long range hunting. Hence the 270win with 10 twist & 25-06 with 10 twist. Now that we have optics that track reliably and high b.c. bullets with cartridges designed around those high bc bullets, everyone thinks that 270s & 25-06 are grand pappy cartridges. They probably deserve that stigma in factory form rifles and typical factory ammo. If a fellow is going to rebarrel or custom build with the right twist & freebore for a high bc bullet in those grand pappy era cartridges, then he will probably be just as likely to have a nice long range rig as anyone if he has available components. Different strokes for different folks.

In the days of Jack O'Connor, light bullets in flat shooting cartridges was king of what they considered long range hunting. Hence the 270win with 10 twist & 25-06 with 10 twist. Now that we have optics that track reliably and high b.c. bullets with cartridges designed around those high bc bullets, everyone thinks that 270s & 25-06 are grand pappy cartridges. They probably deserve that stigma in factory form rifles and typical factory ammo. If a fellow is going to rebarrel or custom build with the right twist & freebore for a high bc bullet in those grand pappy era cartridges, then he will probably be just as likely to have a nice long range rig as anyone if he has available components. Different strokes for different folks.
I know I'm quoting and replying to my own post, please bear with me me, lol.
I should have summed up my last post with this statement: Some folks like to take the quickest route and some like the scenic route. Which ever route they choose, I don't want to take the fun out of it for them.

Last edited:
Hello all, .

For those running the 25-284. What bushings are you using with Lapua 6.5-284 brass and the 131 blackjack? I'm buying dies (Redding type s) and need to start somewhere with the bushings.

I apologise if it's been discussed before but 25 pages is a lot of information.

update, initial load testing done. Using Starline 6.5 creedmoor SRP brass, CCI450 SRM primers, .283 bushing in redding FL bushing die, H4350 from 42.0gr at .3 intervals, 26" Lilja 7 twist 3 groove M24 barrel with SiCO Omega can. was down around 2830 with 42gr, stepped up nicely with no pressure signs through entire charge range. Load was compressing slightly into the 43gr loads. I got single didgit es/sd at 43.2-43.5gr and legit one hole group at 43.2gr and 2930fps. I had loaded 3 rds at each charge for a decent sample and the 43.2 was 2933, 2933, 2935. I'll be trying to touch it up a notch for a hair more speed. These results came with 30rds on the barrel. I've since run another 100rds of break in loads and have the next set at 43.2-43.4gr loaded and ready for testing this weekend. We've got a shooter.

You mean they were grand pappy cartridges. NOT anymore with the advent of 270 170gr. Berger EOL and 257 131gr. ACE by Blackjack. I think we have two new long distance bell ringers that can ring steel from a long, long ways away.

Sounds great. Any thoughts on trying RE 26? Gunsmith called me last night, my barreled action will be ready Wed.!!

I've thought about it, but with the current supply issues and the fact that I'm down to my last pound, I'm not using it for this round. I load RL26 in my 300WM 200gr loads, so I want to stretch them out. I'll stick with the H4350 in the 25 creedmoor for now. I'm getting a 25-06 made for running the 131 fast, going to push for 3200+ from a 26" barrel with IMR8133.

I think Blackjack's next new caliber resurrection should be to bring out a high-BC 8mm bullet...

The .25 cal market it getting a massive boost now that the 131 ACE is out, and so are correctly-twisted barrels. Imagine an 8mm RemMag with a 9" twist barrel, and some high-BC bullets. That would be fun. Or an 8mm-30 Nosler. Or an 8mm SS...Which would be a perfect candidate for when you replace your factory .325 WSM barrel. :cool:

I've thought about it, but with the current supply issues and the fact that I'm down to my last pound, I'm not using it for this round. I load RL26 in my 300WM 200gr loads, so I want to stretch them out. I'll stick with the H4350 in the 25 creedmoor for now. I'm getting a 25-06 made for running the 131 fast, going to push for 3200+ from a 26" barrel with IMR8133.
Then you better build it into a .25-06 AI 40º.

I think Blackjack's next new caliber resurrection should be to bring out a high-BC 8mm bullet...

The .25 cal market it getting a massive boost now that the 131 ACE is out, and so are correctly-twisted barrels. Imagine an 8mm RemMag with a 9" twist barrel, and some high-BC bullets. That would be fun. Or an 8mm-30 Nosler. Or an 8mm SS...Which would be a perfect candidate for when you replace your factory .325 WSM barrel. :cool:

Are you gonna buy at least 1000 pcs ? build a rifle (wildcat ?) specifically for them ?

like most of us did with the 131 gr 25 cal Ace bullets ....

how many did you get ? rifle build ?

just wondering .......