25-06 bullets?

I think he'll love how the Berger 115's perform, as well.

If they work 1/2 as good as my 7mm 168 VLD's have for me, I can't wait to smack a few does or yotes with them this year.

I wish I could post up some of my recoveries, but I lung-shoot all my deer so not to waste meat, which leads to a clean pass-through everytime.

Bergers are one hell of a bullet. They just work. My first elk was shot with a 6mm Remington launching a 105 Berger Hunting VLD and literally dropped him where he stood at 437 yards away. A few years ago, I dropped a cow at 30 yards with a 115 Berger from a .25-06 Remington. They flat out work on game. 9 muleys down with Bergers and not a one has taken another step. :)

Bergers are one hell of a bullet. They just work. My first elk was shot with a 6mm Remington launching a 105 Berger Hunting VLD and literally dropped him where he stood at 437 yards away. A few years ago, I dropped a cow at 30 yards with a 115 Berger from a .25-06 Remington. They flat out work on game. 9 muleys down with Bergers and not a one has taken another step. :)
My first deer with Berger VLD's was this past hunting season... First deer was around 200 yards away. 7mm RemMag 168 VLD (roughly 3,050 fps). angling away about 25* from me (couldn't tell at that distance...Forgot my binos LOL), perfect guess... In the lungs about 8" behind the shoulder, dougle lung, clipped heart, and exited directly behind aft shoulder. Ran 20 yards tops. Perfect 2" bore-hole exit wound.

2nd deer (the following afternoon) with the same gun & same load. Around 175 yards away. Big doe. Had bino's and waited till she got perfectly broad-side. Popped her right in the meat in the front shoulder (just under the shoulder joint, so I wouldn't hit any bones) right through the pumphouse, and clean pass out the other side. Pin-hole entrance and exit. She never took a step, and flopped hard like a Mack truck hit her. Once again, ruined no valuable meat since the bullet was a clean in & out.

Even if the bullet didn't expand, it smacked her hard like it did. So, to me...Whether it opened or not (tip might have been boogered during transport), Bergers release ALOT of energy. So as long as the deer drop, I'm fine either way. :D

After those 2 hunts, I have been a Berger believer, and don't see myself swapping back to NAB's anytime soon. :D

My first deer with Berger VLD's was this past hunting season... First deer was around 200 yards away. 7mm RemMag 168 VLD (roughly 3,050 fps). angling away about 25* from me (couldn't tell at that distance...Forgot my binos LOL), perfect guess... In the lungs about 8" behind the shoulder, dougle lung, clipped heart, and exited directly behind aft shoulder. Ran 20 yards tops. Perfect 2" bore-hole exit wound.

2nd deer (the following afternoon) with the same gun & same load. Around 175 yards away. Big doe. Had bino's and waited till she got perfectly broad-side. Popped her right in the meat in the front shoulder (just under the shoulder joint, so I wouldn't hit any bones) right through the pumphouse, and clean pass out the other side. Pin-hole entrance and exit. She never took a step, and flopped hard like a Mack truck hit her. Once again, ruined no valuable meat since the bullet was a clean in & out.

Even if the bullet didn't expand, it smacked her hard like it did. So, to me...Whether it opened or not (tip might have been boogered during transport), Bergers release ALOT of energy. So as long as the deer drop, I'm fine either way. :D

After those 2 hunts, I have been a Berger believer, and don't see myself swapping back to NAB's anytime soon. :D
The only bullet I shoot in the 8mm Remington Mag is Nosler AccudBonds and that's only because Berger doesn't make bullets for 8mm diameters!:D

The only bullet I shoot in the 8mm Remington Mag is Nosler AccudBonds and that's only because Berger doesn't make bullets for 8mm diameters!:D

Not yet...... Shhhhh! :D

Talking to Ryan @ Berger he said the higher & heavier BC .257 bullets and 8mm bullets are something their designers are interested in looking into, but due to recent demand and influx of orders they haven't been able to do hardly any testing of any potential new products. He said hopefully soon they will be able to get back to designing and testing new stuff, once the orders start getting filled and production slows down to normal.

Not yet...... Shhhhh! :D

Talking to Ryan @ Berger he said the higher & heavier BC .257 bullets and 8mm bullets are something their designers are interested in looking into, but due to recent demand and influx of orders they haven't been able to do hardly any testing of any potential new products. He said hopefully soon they will be able to get back to designing and testing new stuff, once the orders start getting filled and production slows down to normal.

I sent them a note the other day and got almost the same response. I hope that if they come out with 8mm bullets in the line up that it sparks the 8mms somewhere on the map of hunters mind. Like a lot of cartridges in 8mm, they never caught on because they were ahead of their time and lack of bullet selection.

I sent them a note the other day and got almost the same response. I hope that if they come out with 8mm bullets in the line up that it sparks the 8mms somewhere on the map of hunters mind. Like a lot of cartridges in 8mm, they never caught on because they were ahead of their time and lack of bullet selection.

I've designed a few wildcats for 8mm bullets, but haven't took them any farther than designs because nobody has any high BC 8mm projectiles.

I've designed a few wildcats for 8mm bullets, but haven't took them any farther than designs because nobody has any high BC 8mm projectiles.

There in lies the problem. I think the 200 gr. AccuBond is about the best bonded bullet for the 8mm diameter bullets. Even then I'm not satisfied with the BC or the best accuracy I can get from them in my 8mm Remington Mag. That's what held me back from buying a .325 WSM is the lack of good bullet choices.

the barnes ttsx,it's all I use. tried the bergers wont use them again. use nearly a max load of magnum,out of the barnes book and a federal 210m.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.