25-06 and 90gain Absolute hammers

X2 above. Try regular primers. We are learning that std LR primers often give a more gradual ignition, better pressure curve and more powder burned before reaching pressure. Not always, but frequently. Try both and see. Also seems to work better when you crimp with the Lee Factory Crimp Die?
That seems to be what I've been finding with my research. I have been using the LFC dies and the ButterBean method.

X2 above. Try regular primers. We are learning that std LR primers often give a more gradual ignition, better pressure curve and more powder burned before reaching pressure. Not always, but frequently. Try both and see. Also seems to work better when you crimp with the Lee Factory Crimp Die?
PIDT { Powder Ignition Dwell Time } And you are correct GL the LEE FCD is a very useful tool for this part of the load tuning process

Range report worked up a load with 6.5 Staball powder. Started at 53 and worked up to 59.5 grains.
Avg-3684 fps and ES-6 after 3 shots.
Shot this last group, had a 15 mph swirling/cross wind at my house which I attribute To the horizontal stringing. I settled on loading them to the 3rd ring down on the bullet. I seated them all the way in and shot 2.5 inch groups. Promising and will shoot a few on a calm day.
45D6E44E-09DC-42D5-A6BC-7261B5517EDD.jpegFE652B61-25E8-44FF-9DB9-0B7E9F74D5FB.jpeg50BC11EB-2267-4C3F-ACC5-F53E6FAE4B9F.jpeg

Range report worked up a load with 6.5 Staball powder. Started at 53 and worked up to 59.5 grains.
Avg-3684 fps and ES-6 after 3 shots.
Shot this last group, had a 15 mph swirling/cross wind at my house which I attribute To the horizontal stringing. I settled on loading them to the 3rd ring down on the bullet. I seated them all the way in and shot 2.5 inch groups. Promising and will shoot a few on a calm day.
View attachment 411606View attachment 411607View attachment 411608
That's awesome

116E873C-0615-4E3A-B713-DF054251DB82.jpeg
Chalk another one up for the 90gr Absolute and the 25-06. I had gone full freezer filling mode at this point so he's a freezer trophy. It was hasty shot at 175 yards. I was laying side hill with the rife over a little sage brush. (Stock wasn't even on my shoulder) Shot was high rear lung shot with what was probably a petal down through one side of the liver. He dropped so fast and hard the does that were with him just looked at him and went back to feeding. I'll do a better autopsy when we get him drug back to the truck.

Last edited:
View attachment 411758Chalk another one up for the 90gr Absolute and the 25-06. I had gone full freezer filling mode at this point so he's a freezer trophy. It was hasty shot at 175 yards. I was laying side hill with the rife over a little sage brush. (Stock wasn't even on my shoulder) Shot was high rear lung shot with what was probably a petal down through one side of the liver. He dropped so fast and hard the does that were with him just looked at him and went back to feeding. I'll do a better autopsy when we get him drug back to the truck.
I love it

View attachment 411818
50 yards or so quartering to me. You can see the spot of blood from the entry. Dropped straight down and didn't even twitch. Ruger #1 26" barrel, 90gr AH over RL26. Same rifle the next day took 2 does at 175yds and neither one went over 30 yards and piled up. Son and I both filled our tags.
Congrats, love me a 25-06