25-06 and 90gain Absolute hammers

Yeah. I know a lot of the guys on here crimp them as well
I usually crimp at the second drive band back from the tip of the bullet , all of my loads are compressed. Some crimp at the first drive band from the tip . I barely get into the groove , regardless where you crimp remember Hammer bullets are not jump sensitive as some other bullets . I stay .030 plus off the lands and shoot raged holes.

Imr 4451 is what I would try first then the staball h4831 is too slow. My 25-06 did very well with the 4451 and the 90 absolute. My data is in the collective data.

I did Varget last year. Got around 3585fps out of my Browning Xbolt. Took two deer with that. This year I worked up a hasty load with Imr7828sc. It's running at 3650. Hope to shoot a deer in the next few days with it. I tried IMR4451 it seemed to pressure out about the same as Varget velocity wise for me. I see the local Scheels has Staball in stock. I am curious about trying it after seeing the results in the load data post.
I crimp mine. Seems to help accuracy. After hunting season I'm going to try some loads with standard primers instead of the magnums I've been using.

Looking for point and shoot rifle to 400 yards with this rifle for deer season. I'll see how fast I can get these 90 grain hammers moving.
009BAB2C-5C04-4ED2-8503-A13F862DA781.jpeg

This is my average set up at my elevation with my current load.

Unfortunately I don't have access locally to reloaded powders. Thanks for the reply. Are these bullet particular about seating depth?
The 140 absolutes in my 7-08ai were seating depth sensitive. Had to use the Berger seating depth method.

These 90gr absolutes are making me want an ultralight .257wby mag real bad. Gotta finish my daughters new rifle before I think about another one for me.

These 90gr absolutes are making me want an ultralight .257wby mag real bad. Gotta finish my daughters new rifle before I think about another one for me.
My son got a Weatherby Vanguard in 257 for graduation.
After the freezer is full it's gonna get fed some 90gr absolutes.
After that if I can find some WSM brass I'm going to break out the old Ruger #1 in 25 WSM and see if there's enough barrel life left to mess with.