25-06 and 90gain Absolute hammers

Joe270

Have some ABsolute hammers coming to try in my 25-06. I have three powders that I think would suitable and which would you recommend
IMR4451, 6.5 Staball, H4831Sc. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks, Joe

Also have Varget but would like to save that for the 308.

Last edited:
Have some ABsolute hammers coming to try in my 25-06. I have three powders that I think would suitable and which would you recommend

Out of those 3 powders I would try h4831sc, great temp stability and always a really consistent powder.

I know the hammers require a faster powder but I'm also going for accuracy and hope the speed comes with it.
Load up some and shoot them. Only real way to tell, start low and work up to pressure. Might take 10 or so to find the max, then back it down a few grains and figure out the best from there. Absolutes are a great bullet and love to be sent fast

Lol at this Nosler data for the 85g bullet. Use the max listed load to start your ladder and work up from there. You can do this with Absolute Hammers not with any of the other Hammers.

Staball might be very good. Start it at 53g and work up from there. @ButterBean might have some insight on this combo.

I have never had to fiddle with seating much. I make sure that the case mouth is not inside a groove then send it.
Dmagna,
So you try to seat with the neck end of the case on one of the high ridges of the bullet? Do you apply this to Hammer Hunter bullets as well? Would you mind sharing your experience with this approach or logic? Just want to learn.

As bad as I hate to say it the Staball is the best out of what you have