.243ai

Elkeater

I just put my first suppressor in jail and am looking at my rifles. I have a .243 win I built on a savage model 10 action. It's unthreaded. It was a factory take off barrel so rather than spending money to have it threaded I'm just gonna order a new shilen but I'm thinking in .243ai. I like ai cartridges for reducing case stretch and trimming.

Anyways what's a minimum barrel length you all would go with? I'm thinking 22-24" This ones not really a hunting rifle. More of a heavy target rifle and maybe something that gets used for coyotes once in awhile and something the kids shoot.

Thoughts?

Maybe a 26" bull barrel with a 1-7 twist. Could shoot 105 Berger's and the thing would be like 15lbs so very little recoil. That could be fun.
24-26 is my preferred length depending on caliber. I think a 24 with muzzle device (depending on suppressor model) would be money. You would only need a 1-8 for 105s as guys have been shooting them for years. On the other hand you could go 7.5 twist to cover up to the 110s and be a happy median! I think you will love how this thing shoots coming from a guy that ran a similar set up with a standard 243.

Maybe a 26" bull barrel with a 1-7 twist. Could shoot 105 Berger's and the thing would be like 15lbs so very little recoil. That could be fun.
I'm doing the same thing. 243AI, 26"/as long as I can get heavy varmint taper, fastest twist, weighted stock. The 115 DTACs will hopefully come back in stock some day.

I run an 11" suppressor on 26" barrels, doesn't bug me at all. They screw on and off for a reason 😁

24-26 is my preferred length depending on caliber. I think a 24 with muzzle device (depending on suppressor model) would be money. You would only need a 1-8 for 105s as guys have been shooting them for years. On the other hand you could go 7.5 twist to cover up to the 110s and be a happy median! I think you will love how this thing shoots coming from a guy that ran a similar set up with a standard 243.
I just got a 26" heavy sporter. 7.5 twist for savage build. Planning on putting together this weekend. Going to be hunting rifle. For target I would have 28" or longer.