.243 wssm rogue need starting load for 115 & 120 gr.

308 nate

Just got my .243 wssm rogue reamer and wondered if anyone else has played with this round? It is basically a .243 wssm with a 37 degree shoulder with a 272 tight neck,with .148 leed.I will be chambering a 32" Broughton 5C 1 in 7 twist.Until the Broughton barrel shows up I will be fire forming into a 1 in 10 twist A&B so loads for the 90's to 105's would also be helpful.
thanks for any help.
308nate

May I ask how may grains of powder does the case hold? I'm just curious.

I've run across some unknows in my reloading career and I have found that if you find an existing case of simular capacity for the same caliber that the reloading tables are nearly exact.

budlight,
level full of ramshot magnum ball powder,The .243 wssm holds 54.2 grs. The .243 Winchester holds 54.8 grs. And I doubt the improved version would hold much more at all.
.....Just like the look of the 37 degree shoulder and feel it does have some benefits.Some of you might say 'why not the WIN .243 AI, because there is good Lapua brass". but hey, I just like to play.
308nate

[ QUOTE ]
budlight,
Some of you might say 'why not the WIN .243 AI, because there is good Lapua brass". but hey, I just like to play.
308nate

[/ QUOTE ]

You said it Nate, not me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Really, I do understand the " like to play " part. Can't help with the load data other than to tell you that H4350 is a great powder to start with . 41.6 grs. of H4350 under a Sierra 107 mk gives 3050 fps and ragged oneholers @ 100 and on a good day has delivered 3.5 " @ 700( 3 shot group ) . My bbl is a Schnieder 26" 7.5 twist.

Give us a pic when you get the
rogue loaded .

Jim

I entierly understand! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have a wild cat 7 stw and a 270 AI.

I also own a 243 rem 700 that I bought the action to build a bench rest rifle out of.

For 100's and 105's I've been using 44.6 grains of H4831. For my varmint rounds I've been using h414

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.