.243 Win Remington ADL Synthetic

remingtonman_25_06

Hello all, I took my money off my Sendero in .300 Win because I'm not making enough money right now to get it out anytime soon. So I took the alternative route and got me a new coyote gun. Short, light, and compact and better than any .22 Centerfire. It is a Rem 700 ADL synthetic. Got it brand new for $351. My plan is to use it for coyotes up and out to 600 yards. Right now am just about done breaking in the barrel. I cleaned after the first shot for 10 shots. Then I cleaned after every 3 shots for 30 shots. I now have 40 rounds through it and I think I'm pretty much done breaking it in. I'm wanting to use the 55g or 70g Nosler BT's for the coyotes. The twist is a 1 in 9 1/4, would the 107g SMK work in that twist? The barrel is only 22" so velocity isn't going to be the best. I have a Leupold VX2, 6-18 target setting atop Leupold bases and rings. Any good loads or recomendations are welcomed.

You may find the 87gr V-max a good compromise. It has a much better BC than the really light bullets and it will be good'n stable.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.