243 powder

22" Hart SS barrel, Win Brass, Fed GM210M primer, 95 Ballistic Tip @ 2.743", 42.4 H4350 = 3033 fps avg, 19 ES & 9 SD 10 shots
Same components but with 41.3 RL 16, 3027 fps avg, 7 ES, 3.4 SD 5 shots
Same components but with 44.7 H4831, 2937 fps avg, 7 ES, 4 SD 5 shots

I think what everyone is saying is that guns are different. You need to try different powders, with the selected bullets, to learn which your rifle likes best. All the powders named above are excellent in a 243. Finding which powder is the best for your rifle is part of the fun of reloading.

I have some how does it shoot
I find it's slower burning than advertised. It's a progressive burn rate too, which complicates things. I love it in my .300 win but it NEEDS to have 100 percent case fill for
the best results, more than most powders. If not, your es numbers are crap and accuracy just so-so in my experience (and I did try it in my .243 too). Between being progressive (rl17, rl26, win staball 6.5, and I beleive leverevolution are also progressive burn rate powders - when you get them to work they'll give higher velocity at equal pressure to anything else but they can be finicky to find their sweet spot compared to old school imr single base powders like the excellent 4350 you mention) and being a ball powder it just really shines with full load density and sucks with anything less. Ymmv but give it a try if you got it for sure.

i4064... you may loose 100 fps but your accuracy will likely go up as your gas pressure at the muzzle will drop... I've seen my Pops drop dozens of deer with I 4064 and a 100gr hdy pill...the deer will not notice the difference
So far for me 4064 and 6.5 staball not very accurate with superformance can't get past 95 grain Berger vld Hunter but 70 -85 with 4064 is pretty good for me and I am still playing around with it.old ruger tang safety all original everything

I am working up loads for my 243 that I just finished up building. I have a McGowan 24 inch barrel with a 1-9 twist and I am thinking about 80 to 100 grain bullets for deer. What powder do you guys use I am thinking IMR 4350 or H 4350.
I've been using IMR 4350 with Sierra 85 gr BTHP for many, many years (I'm 77 years old) with fantastic favorable results.... I tried a 6.5 x 47 Lapua for a while but came back to the 243 a couple of years ago...

So far for me 4064 and 6.5 staball not very accurate with superformance can't get past 95 grain Berger vld Hunter but 70 -85 with 4064 is pretty good for me and I am still playing around with it.old ruger tang safety all original everything
seemed like the rem 700 rifles in 243 liked 4064 a lot. My Savage pistol seemed to like v540 with the 100 hdy pill with a mag primer.

seemed like the rem 700 rifles in 243 liked 4064 a lot. My Savage pistol seemed to like v540 with the 100 hdy pill with a mag primer.
That's one thing I like about the .243…such a broad range of powders you could find a way to use well. 4064 and even faster rates can work, and hodgdon has some very interesting data with 8133 for crying out loud!

That's one thing I like about the .243…such a broad range of powders you could find a way to use well. 4064 and even faster rates can work, and hodgdon has some very interesting data with 8133 for crying out loud!
Comes from it being a very old design, lots of experimenting went on with it back when there wasn't a new case every other week.

Lots of designs do very well with a much wider range of components that it would seem like, but lately designs have been specialized then marketed towards one end of the spectrum. 6 Creedmoor is popular with longer range, heavy bullet PRC type guys, but it will fling a 55gn varmint bullet faster than a 243 WIN with the same charge of H4895.

Imr 4831 is excellent in the 243 as is the imr 4350 that you mentioned. That's where I started and never seen a reason to move on.
Fair enough…I love trying all the new powders and some of them truly do things that the first generation single base powders can't quite keep up with…but if for some reason I was forever stuck with what I call "the big 5" original IMR basic single base powders: 4895, 4064, 4350, 4831, 7828, I wouldn't count myself especially hard done by

Fair enough…I love trying all the new powders and some of them truly do things that the first generation single base powders can't quite keep up with…but if for some reason I was forever stuck with what I call "the big 5" original IMR basic single base powders: 4895, 4064, 4350, 4831, 7828, I wouldn't count myself especially hard done by
Yep it's like having toilet paper and spam when fecal matter hits the rotary device