.243 AI 105 Berger Loads

Greg Duerr

I have been using 40gr of H4350 and the 105 Berger to fire Form my .243 Brass. The accuracy has been 5 shot groups at .3 Velocity is right at 3000

Does anyone use H4350 and the 105 Berger in their Ackley Improved cases?? Im considering trying it ..................Would like to hear from those who use it .

I use Retumbo in mine with 105's. I use 4350 to fireform brass with 60gr bullets. If its accurate with 4350 then fine but I think you'll get better velocity with a slower powder.

I sold my RL 22 as the lot I had was blowing the Pockets at 45.5 gr........................Fire Forming with H4350 and the 105 im getting 3,000fps..........that was the Smiths recommended Fire Forming load and just like he said it was super accurate. Im looking for some new RL 22 that was not so fast and I could not get the accuracy with it as I did with the H4350
I will take the accuracy over the velocity but since I have a Ackley case I want the Velocity to..........................

I will find some more RL 22 with a different Lot # and will see...................

A good friend of mine has a Cooper .280AI and he can not get his Cooper to shoot anything close to the RIfle I have.....................I told him to have R Bros build him a Rifle........................but????? He wanted somthing right now.

Greg
H4350 will be to fast in the improved case. You will hit pressure at a low velocity. H1000 or RL22 works best.

The worst thing about Re22 is that is it temp sensitive so be careful if you work up a load in the winter and go shoot it in the summer...

Have you tried 7828? I have the std 243 (22" barreled Savage) and get 1/4" groups at 2960 with the 105 Amax. Might be worth a try in the Ackley?

Been using H4350 in a 243AI for about a year now for my comp rifle. Rifle has seen cold and icy sleet as well as rain in match conditions and no problems. Surgeon 591 action, Krieger 1:8 twist barrel, 24". Lapua brass, CCI BR2 primers, Berger 105 Hunting VLD's and getting over 3140 fps, just under 3200 when the barrel was new. 42.1 grains of H4350 was accuracy for my rifle. Standard precautions apply, work up and check for pressure signs, this load is for my rifle only and may not be safe in yours. My forming load to achieve same velocity and accuracy was actually more powder, not less. I used the form load in a comp to speed up the forming process!

Geb

Geb

thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it ...........................this might have to do until I can find some RL 22 other than what I had. Would like to have the accuracy of the 40gr load of H4350 but the velocity of the RL 22 3300 or less.......................

My Fire Forming load is 40gr of H4350 and the accuracy with the 105 Berger is super..................I will try some H1000 if I cannot find any RL22.

I want the accuracy with the Velocity.......................close to 3300

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.