243 Ackley Improved Sizing Die

Seabeeken

Interesting. I went down and checked my reamer and dies. my chamber was cut by Hart barrels with my ptg reamer labeled 243 ackley imp. My redding dies are marked 243 win imp 40° and work perfectly. I have the bushing fl sizer and competition seater, bot marked alike. I dont have any brass on hand as it was repurposed. Ive never heard of a different version with a 40° shoulder.

lancetkenyon

Does both your FL sizer and your body die size the same? Or is the decapping die a neck sizes only?
Do you have an idea of what you want?
My .243 Win Imp 40° dies are a bushing neck die, body die, and comp seater.

My .260 Rem Imp 40° FL bushing die should be in this week.

Once it gets in, I will size a couple of the fired .243 AI brass to make sure everything is good. If so, I will reach out to you to sell the .243 Win Imp 40° set I have. Need and Lapua LRP .243 Win brass too? Most are fire formed to .243 AI. I have 100+. I bought 300 new Alpha .260 Rem SRP brass for my build.

To be honest, I would be reaching out to Redding if I were you, and discussing this further. I almost say they miscut your die. Especially since two of us here have the measurements you need with our .243 Win Imp 40° sets.

GRG

I have quite a bit of brass but you can go ahead and shoot me a price for dies and the brass separate.

Thank you