240gr MK's and 10tw.??

Jake in NC

240gr MK\'s and 10tw.??

.. Hey guys.. I was curious if anyone had stabilized the 240gr MK's in a 10tw.. I know Sierra says it takes a 9tw but I've found that most manufacturer's are a little conservative in their recommended twist rates.. I'm thinkin' about stickin' a 300Win take-off barrel on my Sendero to blow out these 240's and the WC872 no one seems interested in.. Thanks.. d:^) JiNC

Re: 240gr MK\'s and 10tw.??

I've shot most of a 500 round box of them though my 10 twist 300 Tomahawk. Haven't had a problem stabilizing them yet. Nice perfect round holes at 1,000 yards.

Jake,
I'm looking to buy some 240 SMK's if your thinking about selling them. Email me at [email protected] if you want to sell them.
Thanks,
Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> I was curious if anyone had stabilized the 240gr MK's in a 10tw.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jake--You have... The .300 Tommy you got from me had a 1:10"... but we won't go there, huh...
wink.gif

Krimminee..!! Wonders never cease..!! The daft bas&%$# already HAD a 10tw.?!? For some reason I thought the beast was a 9tw..
Thanks, Chris..

doh.jpg

Wayne McD.. Email sent.. d:^) JiNC

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.