22lr distance shooting

What is a realistic expectation for my new vodoo and is lapua the only preferred round?
Vudoo makes a nice rifle, lot of guys changing barrels(Heavy) with custom chambers and longer lengths than Vudoo really offers w/o a special order.
Mine is stock, 22" MTU taper, actually a skinny MTU compared to CF barrel.
I have only shot Lapua in mine, to 600 yards. The first lot I tried was gold, when it ran out, I struggled hard and I had 11 lots on hand. I installed a EC V2 tuner thinking I could recover some accuracy. Uphill battle, as I stretched it out, I had to retune, blah blah, I pulled the tuner and bought Lapua Long Range, 2 cases, separate lots. Hundreds of rds in, I put the tuner back on and did the work again with tuner, once I finally had the barrel somewhat tuned at 300 yards, the Lapua LR shined and was able to tune at 450 yards, it took nice days though.
But I was close to selling the Vudoo and doing another Rim X going all in.
I shoot Lapua, but when I got into 22LR, it seemed like every lot I bought was made for my individual rifles. The stash I have on hand, not so much. Don't overlook Eley or maybe RWS. Any chambering issues Vudoo will fix for your ammo.
The targets in the post above was Vudoo-Lapua LR, and I am glad I put the work in and kept the Vudoo.
Through all that ^^^ crap, your ammo will most likely be your limiting aspect here.

Yesterday, the godson got out of school at noon, goal was shooting cheap walmart full cans of spray paint at 4-700 yards. I had swapped scopes around, so both the Vudoo and Rim X had Zeiss LRP models on them, they have way more travel than most scopes, and both with built in cant could dial to 700 yards.
It was forecasted to be nice all week, both temps and winds, and on Tuesday I had went out and gathered drops, and both rifles were hitting a 12" plate at 700.
We obliterated paint cans at 5 & 600 yards, at times it was easy. But at 700, it was frustrating, hit a couple, and most of our misses were small< keep some perspective here, lol. Blasting full paint cans at any distance is fun, some flew over 20 yards.
Target location with 22LR can be critical, I should have planted a steel plate for the kid, but as it got even nicer out, the lightbulb came on and we thought putting steel at 800 would be a better option.
We set up a 24" square thin soft steel plate, 3 moa size, and figured the Vudoo had more adj in it, shot it. Hitting the plate was not that hard, but staying on it was, as picking up the misses was a chore. The plate took up too much real estate, leaving not much exposed dirt. We had to turn the scope down to 13 power, and even with a nice NF spotting scope, it was tough, think partially because the big plate, angled backwards about 10 deg, was just a gigantic glare in the optics. Plus, any miss above mid plate, cleared the berm behind it. Setup to fail. We had at least 20 hits, but used all of the plate, wasn't what we were after.
So we replaced it with a 12" circle, after 10 shots and misses with the Vudoo, dawned on me, the actual available travel in both scopes was about even, and fired 10 with the Rim X and went 3/10. I was down to around 30 rds of ammo left for it, and handed it to the kid, he went 3/10 also. The last 20 rds were spent on a can of paint we set beside it, it survived.
When we picked up our mess for the day, and were at 800, I told the kid, what we do at times is highly eccentric, but this was bordering ridiculous. Also told him, very few people have done what we just did, hitting 1.5 moa steel at 800 IMO is not easy. Not that most could not, it's more not many setup to do so.
800-12.jpg