ghoghunter

Am i the only one that shoots this little sucker any more?
confused.gif

Nope... Lot's of folks shoot the little 223, we just don't mention it in public (ain't polite
smile.gif
) Last time I had mine out at the range folks just pointed and laughed
wink.gif

I use mine for all kinds of critters as long as they ain't much more than 600 yards away.

Heck, I shoot loads of varmints with my favorite little .221FB. Took many groundhogs out to 300yds with 40gr B-Tips. That's "longrange" to me, but I'm reluctant to mention it on this board.
blush.gif

VH

before i traded my .223 off to a friend it had accounted for more kills than all my other rifles combiined [and still does]-i still get to shoot it too,sometimes a couple days a week.it ended up being a good trade-lol.for barrel life,accuracy,economics,availibility of quality components etc...,its hard to beat a good .223 as dedicated varmint rig-my-2-dave

I sure do. Got a Savage with a Shilen 1:14" twist sporter barrel in a Duramaxx stock. Really nice walking varmint rig. Nice on PD's too.

breakin%20close.JPG

Like others have said we talk about the others a lot more but this unit in 223 has over 6000 rounds through it(mostly at prairie dogs).It in the proces of becomeing a 223AI so I can find the lands again and will no doubt stay my go to gun for many years to come.
102722.JPG

Most people had a life before the 300/338 RUM'S - because a point I've learned here is that long range shooting is just pushing yourself and your equipment way past your predetermined limits, instead of excepting what is considered the norm . thank you all for that

Me too! I got me one too! Shoot clay pideons out to 350/400 yards with mine. Its more affordable than the big guns, and doesn't beat me up. If I wanted a hotter cartrige, I'd of bought one, but that wasn't why I have the 223. It can be a challenge to shoot too. Course, I ain't in the same league as Dave King and some of the others!
grin.gif
Hey Dave, if you remember, you were the one that I met first, and directed me too this site. That was a long time ago, at least it seems!
wink.gif

wll it sure is nice to know that there are still some people like lee and my self in ohio that sill admire a little classic like the 223rem.lee i also shoot asavage .outshoot alot of remingtonsand sakos down in my neck of the woodsthanks for all the replys. any good reload you fellas would share?im pushing a 40gr molly coated ballistic tp 749ds 1dead coon end of last fall
grin.gif
null

I have a ar-15 i shoot in 223 its very fun
and i can hold just about a 1inch group @ 100 yds with a stock trigger group

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.