22-250ai 40 degree

roughneck065

Bought the gun came with bunch of ammo...now its time to reload. Never loaded Ackley calibers. Should I just neck size since there all completely fire formed to chamber?

You can Neck Size only. When the bolt offers some resistance on closing it's time to "bump" the shoulder back a little. When you get a "click" at the top of the bolt lift it's time to size the base a little.

Bought the gun came with bunch of ammo...now its time to reload. Never loaded Ackley calibers. Should I just neck size since there all completely fire formed to chamber?

That is what I do, but when I get one that might have stretched a little bit, and fits kind of tightly in the chamber and is tough to close the bolt, then I FL resize them all. Then continue neck-sizing, until they get tight again. Then FL resize, then neck size...etc... Until they get worn out, then I form some new brass, and start the process all over again.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.