215 Berger, 210 ABLR, or 200 AB for elk inside of 600 yards, 300 PRC???

Colin78

Got my 300 PRC put together and had plans of running the 215 Berger Hybrid as I know there is a solid following of it on game. But now that it's go time I'm hesitant to not stick with my old tried and true accubonds. While I enjoy shooting steel at long range I limit my shots on game to 600 yards. So for elk with a max range of 600 yards out of a 300 prc which bullet are you choosing…215 Berger Hybrid, 210 ABLR, or 200 AB?

I don't think any of those choices will treat you wrong! We took the 200 AB's out to 900 yards and were shooting 5" groups (furthest elk was 435 yards with a lot within 250 yards). We've killed elk from 100-550 yards with the Berger's. Furthest was 330 yards (if I remember correctly) with the ABLR and they did just fine. If you have the time and resources, I'd pick up a box of all three and see which one the gun likes best.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.
JC

They are all fine bullets and don't think you will be disappointed with the performance of any of them. I haven't used the ABLR's but have heard they can be finicky. I used AB's exclusively for years and was always satisfied with their performance. Been using the 215 hybrids the last few years in a 300 RUM and 300WM and I've been extremely pleased with them as well.

I killed a bull in NM this past fall at 531 with a 7 SAW & 160 AB running 2815. Perfect bullet performance. If you're comfortable with the AB, especially within 600 yds, load em up & go kill an elk. I wouldn't hesitate for a second, assuming you have good verified dope, are well practiced & capable.

Attachments

• IMG_5278.jpeg
    IMG_5278.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 9
I agree that all three are good bullets but would definitely have the Accubond in the chamber. We tend to watch areas requiring a 300 yard and out shot but when pushed in rifle season we've shot bulls trying to run over us! The Accubond stands a chance of breaking both shoulders at woods range.

I would lean heavy on the 215 Berger as my 300 PRC loves them. However your rifle may like something else. If you have all of the above I would let the rifle tell you what it likes. I am confident all 3 of your bullet choices in that caliber will smash Elk with good bullet placement. Good luck and happy shooting, Jason

Accubond all the way, if you were killing past 600 the others would be a better choice they're "softer" made for long range. Accubonds/partitions are my choice for anything bigger than deer.