212eldx or 215 Berger hybrid 300PRC on elk?

And there has been 210vld hunters with scattered availability...
Maybe they are a little thinner/thicker than the 208's??

Why in God's green earth would a company have such a good thing in the 215 then make 27 more items and not be able to delivery any of them to keep pace with demand?? I can't fathom this stupidity.

Of course Nosler could put a plastic tip on a partitioned vld shaped bullet and own the whole market. Gosh, maybe I need to settle down must be ready for Saturday LOL
Berger has a contract with the 215's with an ammo company making ammo for military. I still think they could make more for the public. I have 2 boxes. Bought a box of 210's a couple months ago. Still 6 boxes sitting there . Can't believe it. I have 208 and 212 ELDX that I haven't tried in 300 RUM or 300 win mag. .

Last edited:
Thoughts on each bullet. Preference? 100-800 yards 300PRC
These days it depends on what you can actually get.
Also depends on the velocity/accuracy node you want to be in and lastly what distance do you want to be able to kill said Elk?

Not a fan of Berger's for hunting but if I was going to use one it would be the 245g as long as you have the twist rate for it.

220g ELDx would be better than a 212g. I have found the 212's to be finicky where as the 220 just shoots subMOA at almost any velocity.

If you can Barnes LRC 208's they will definitely drop your Elk and are very forgiving in load development to get a subMOA group.

Yeah I don't understand that
Yes, if you find the 215's, you better buy what you plan on using, because there's a small amount around that will be doing the same. 215's bearing surface per Berger's website is .463 so you will be able to run them faster, IMO. They are proven time and time again.
Yeah I don't understand that it's the most popular bullet and there's none available why aren't they pumping them out at the factory

I've used up over 4 boxes of 215s across a couple of 300 WM training out to 1000... but, dang I have not seen a hide nor hair of an elk..maybe this year is the year... did shoot a deer with 215s at 240 yards...too devastating on the CenTex WT

This year will stick with the 308 or 06 on those short range hunts.

Thoughts on each bullet. Preference? 100-800 yards

Thoughts on each bullet. Preference? 100-800 yards 300PRC
Everyone likes what they like. If t h ey were fortunate enough to go elk hunting abd kill one t h ey think whatever r I yndvt g ey b were shooting us the vest there is.My Uncle was c a guide in WY for many years. I showed up with a Remington 270 130gr Silver Tip.He said it c wasn't big enough.I was right out of High school.I said this is all I have.Two days later I dropped a bull elk with one shot at about 350 yards.It took 3 little steps abd rolled down the hill.
Now I shoot a 300PRC Hornady 250gr A Tip.It has greater BC than either 212 ELDX and a helluva lot more knock down power.My last elk only hit the ground.It did not take one step.I can only offer my experience with 4 successful elk hunts.I can say the 250s do better in my ELR shooting vs the factory 225gr ELD M.
My 3rd elk was taken with a Browning White Gold Medalliin 7mm Remington Magnum.
I'm sure there are more experienced guys that can offer better numbers than myself.I can only say what I've used.Good Luck.

How many boxes? Pics?
🤣
86DB7C19-4F12-4F8D-A33A-24AC89314DB6.jpeg

I vote 215, 230 or 210/208s in that order. If you have the twist then the 245s....IF, you can find any.

My 30 nosler shoots the 215/230s equally well at the same speed. Both give best accuracy at 2950-2980 and maxed out at 3050 with H1k.