212eldx or 215 Berger hybrid 300PRC on elk?

What bad Experience did you have with the Hornady 212 ELD-X?
Shot a Nilgai with one 4 years quartering away behind shoulder. Bullet totally separated and hugged same side into left lung and left front of chest. We recovered him 2 miles away next morning. This was a thinning the herd hunt with 4 different guys including government guys who lined up the taking of the animals. Two of the others shot 300wm with 215's. They shot 4 animals not a one took more than a step.

I shot a year later a cow elk and the bullet pin holed her. Recovered her after 400 yards but to go from one extreme to the other no sir. Won't have it.

Since I've harvested multiple animals with the 215 and not one single flaw. I have friends with large ranches with several guides. Year to year they will all tell me they would rather a customer shoot a 30 cal or 338 cal with the 215 or a 250.

You have to know people in low places to find them.... lol

At this point what do you say I should be ready to pay for a box if I were to find one.

Dang I just looked at GB for curiosity $175 per box is the cheapest I saw.

Well, like I mentioned you have to know people in low places. Somebody hooked me up with his stash with the condition that they would be for my own consumption, not for resale and big NO to GB. Pre-pandemic price, plus actual shipping.

Package came in today.

20220805_174056.jpg

All same lot, should be enough to maybe burn this barrel.

20220805_171121.jpg
20220805_171144.jpg

Bamban I pulled the same thing back in May. One of my suppliers called me and asked if I wanted some. It was the quickest yep I ever got out of my mouth. They shipped me 8 boxes lol. Love friends in the shadows or maybe I just to much dang money with them lol

Right on, bud..

I am looking forward to this year's season. I put in for all the exotic and mule deer draw hunts with TPW...never shot anything in TX besides hogs, WTs, and yotes.

Right on, bud..looking forward to this year's season. I put in for all the exotic and mule deer draw hunts with TPW...never shot anything in TX besides hogs, WTs, and yotes.
I'm gonna go on one of the free ranging elk hunts out in Davis mountains either this year or the year after. Got an elk hunt lined up for 2023 or i would do it next season. Trying to make it happen this year but not sure it will happen

I'm gonna go on one of the free ranging elk hunts out in Davis mountains either this year or the year after. Got an elk hunt lined up for 2023 or i would do it next season. Trying to make it happen this year but not sure it will happen
We're going back to San Juan Mountains this year, 2nd season, for Elk. Did not see any last year.

Good luck to you.

I vote 215, 230 or 210/208s in that order. If you have the twist then the 245s....IF, you can find any.

My 30 nosler shoots the 215/230s equally well at the same speed. Both give best accuracy at 2950-2980 and maxed out at 3050 with H1k.
What twist?

Well, like I mentioned you have to know people in low places. Somebody hooked me up with his stash with the condition that they would be for my own consumption, not for resale and big NO to GB. Pre-pandemic price, plus actual shipping.

Package came in today.

View attachment 384984

All same lot, should be enough to maybe burn this barrel.

View attachment 384973View attachment 384974
So that's where they all went.