210 Berger for elk???

Fotis

A buddy I know has developed a load with the 210 Berger at 2950 fps that shoots lights out in his 300. Honestly my experience with Berger has not been all that great although they did the job. I never use them on elk so I can't give him any input. Does anybody here have any experience with them on big animals. This is the bullet he's using

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1076528197

Broz that use to be on here documented a very large amount of elk kills with that or maybe it was the 215 out of the 300.Like 100's of elk
Yeah he favors the 215 Hybrid. But they post a lot on the other Bergers in that class because of the shortage of 215 Hybrids right now.

Broz that use to be on here documented a very large amount of elk kills with that or maybe it was the 215 out of the 300.Like 100's of elk
You are correct, the 210 VLD was his bullet of choice. He did switch to the 215 Hybrid (years ago) when it came out. 230's also have a ton of documented kills by him and his son.

I had a 300 Win that shot the 210's exceptionally well. I fiddled with the 215's in it but the 210's shot so well, that's what that rifle still shoots today (my brother has the gun now).

Here's a thread from last year's hunt. Broz speaks about his experience of the 215 Hybrid in his 300 WM. #24 is one of his posts.

A buddy I know has developed a load with the 210 Berger at 2950 fps that shoots lights out in his 300. Honestly my experience with Berger has not been all that great although they did the job. I never use them on elk so I can't give him any input. Does anybody here have any experience with them on big animals. This is the bullet he's using

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1076528197
Yep, that should do it. I harvested an MT bull elk at 931Y with 190; I would have used 210 if I had any at the time.

Fotus, your link references a 210 VLD Target. My son and I shoot the 210gr VLDH for elk. He shoots a 300WBY and I have a 30/378WBY. Between several friends and us the 210 Bergers have easily killed lots of elk. A friend's wife got a buffalo with the 210 in her 300WBY one shot. I won't tell you the target version will do the same, but I know hunters who shoot and hunt with them. Finding the 210VLDH will be difficult as will be the 215 OTM. Good luck

I have not shot Elk with the 210 Berger's but have taken a couple of big bodied Alberta mule deer and whitetail. In all these cases the 210's loaded in my 300WM at 2960FPS penciled completely through on chest shots(400-600 yards) indicating very little to no expansion. While I was able to recover the game, they were not clean kills. I will say that the accuracy of this bullet was outstanding maintaining sub .5MOA precision out to 1000+ yards.