20moa base, adjusting for scope line of sight

You got it. Thats the discovery im having. Savage round for me, swarovski z5
This was with an older Vari-X 3. I recently swapped it for better glass and put the Z3 on mine. Not sure how much more I could dial, but it has the BRH reticle and was able to get it zeroed with a little bit left over.

You got it. Thats the discovery im having. Savage round for me, swarovski z5
Custom turrets with a zero stop generally don't have much adjustment. The z5 is a hunting designed scope, where a 20 moa adjustment isn't generally required. With a 100 yard zero, a 7mm mag shooting a nosler accubond at 3000fps will get to just under 700 yards with 13.5moa of adjustment. With a 200 yard zero you'll probably make it just past 800 yards. Plus whatever holdover marks you have in your reticle. That's more than plenty for almost every hunter out there.

You've kinda walked yourself into a corner here. The scope you have is not conducive to playing long range games, especially with the custom turret installed. If you install the 20 moa base you may not have enough downward adjustment to set your zero at the desired range (it may bottom out at 300 or 400 yards) But it would allow you to reach that 850 mark.

Your options are either 1) change to a scope built for dialing, like a nightforce or the SWFA 5-20, 2) install a 20 moa base and likely accept a 300-400 yard zero, or 3) accept the 670 yard target as your maximum range with your current setup.